Pet relocation services

Saz459

Pet Air and Golden Arrow are two you could look at if shipping UK to Aus. Depending on whereabouts in the UK you are based there could also be some other options. 

The link to Aeropets isn't much use I don't expect as they are an Aus based company so would be Aus to UK. 

Hi Guys! Thank you so much for the replies. I should have said I was travelling from UK, Glasgow area, to Australia, Cairns. I'm happy to hear Pet Air popping up as I have requested a quote from them.

The whole thing is a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions so I'm struggling to approach it with a clear head. Neither my husband or I think it is fair to move the cats all the way to Cairns, especially given the drastic change in environment but neither can we face placing them in a rehoming shelter or to a family who won't care for them. We have had them 9 years now so they are very much apart of the family.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I have a pet dog who will be joining me soon to Australia. The only worry is that he suffers from alzheimiers. He gets moody, depressed. He is sometimes aggressive. He has to stay in quarantine for 10 days, I was given to understand.

My worry is what if he bites the dog trainers ? Will he be sent back to Dubai ? Or will they ill treat him.What action would they take ? His quarantine is in Melbourne, will they fly him down to Brisbane, or would I have to go and collect him personally from Melbourne ?

Your response will help me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, june. said:

Hi Guys,

I have a pet dog who will be joining me soon to Australia. The only worry is that he suffers from alzheimiers. He gets moody, depressed. He is sometimes aggressive. He has to stay in quarantine for 10 days, I was given to understand.

My worry is what if he bites the dog trainers ? Will he be sent back to Dubai ? Or will they ill treat him.What action would they take ? His quarantine is in Melbourne, will they fly him down to Brisbane, or would I have to go and collect him personally from Melbourne ?

Your response will help me.

Email and discuss his condition directly with the quarantine kennels perhaps?

You need to arrange collection and shipping on to Brisbane yourself or go collect in person. Quarantine don't do that for you. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/25/2017 at 08:47, Saz459 said:

The whole thing is a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions so I'm struggling to approach it with a clear head. Neither my husband or I think it is fair to move the cats all the way to Cairns, especially given the drastic change in environment but neither can we face placing them in a rehoming shelter or to a family who won't care for them. We have had them 9 years now so they are very much apart of the family.

I feel for you..the thought of me leaving the cat behind makes me so sad but everyone in Australia seems to hate cats, I don't know what to do.   What did you decide on? 

4 hours ago, Alligator-eyes said:

I feel for you..the thought of me leaving the cat behind makes me so sad but everyone in Australia seems to hate cats, I don't know what to do.   What did you decide on? 

Its not that people there hate cats per se, people hate what cats do to the native wildlife. Take the cat by all means, but do everyone a favour and keep it indoors. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alligator-eyes said:

d but everyone in Australia seems to hate cats,

That's not true.  The Australian Veterinary Association's  2016 pet ownership report estimated nearly 3.9 million pet cats in Australia (3 in 10 households).  However people are conscious of their impact on native wildlife and are trying to protect them as well.  I say this is the personal servant of 3 cats at the moment (and have had up to 5 at once).