Visa payment via credit card

My husband is stressing that we're going to get charged loads because we are paying by credit card and it's charged in a foreign currency. I know there is a charge with our card but it's a normal thing to pay by credit card isn't it? We're not totally crazy for using a credit card are we??! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

21 minutes ago, TeacherClem said:

My husband is stressing that we're going to get charged loads because we are paying by credit card and it's charged in a foreign currency. I know there is a charge with our card but it's a normal thing to pay by credit card isn't it? We're not totally crazy for using a credit card are we??! emoji38.png

Thats how most people pay :) DIBP don't accept envelopes full of used notes ....!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeacherClem said:

My husband is stressing that we're going to get charged loads because we are paying by credit card and it's charged in a foreign currency. I know there is a charge with our card but it's a normal thing to pay by credit card isn't it? We're not totally crazy for using a credit card are we??! emoji38.png

Make sure it's a Credit Card with a limit, and then a daily spend limit that covers enough, and then some, of the fee.

I tried paying with a Debit Card with more than enough to cover the fee on it only to be told that my bank only allow 90% of that fee due, per day, as a max spend.

Would have been majorly caught out if I was close to the 60 day application deadline. 

Advise making any payment early to allow for any banking issues. Oh, and tell hubby currency conversion fees are the least of his migration cost worries. 

B

• Like 1

Make sure it's a Credit Card with a limit, and then a daily spend limit that covers enough, and then some, of the fee.
I tried paying with a Debit Card with more than enough to cover the fee on it only to be told that my bank only allow 90% of that fee due, per day, as a max spend.
Would have been majorly caught out if I was close to the 60 day application deadline. 
Advise making any payment early to allow for any banking issues. Oh, and tell hubby currency conversion fees are the least of his migration cost worries. 
B

Yeah- just making sure we're not stung at the first hurdle

• Like 1