Date Format

It is probably worth updating the date format on posts to use Australian rather than American formatting.

This might just be the regional settings on your server causing this.

eg.

instead of 4/15/2017 format to 15/4/2017.

2017-06-11_13-35-48.jpg

Edited by Parley

Mine comes out dd/mm/yyyy, perhaps check your computer settings?  I didn't quote your post since it comes up as "7 hours ago, Parley said" but I've copied in a quote from Cerberus below as an example.

On 26/05/2017 at 18:48, Cerberus1 said:

If I can find the login details for my flickr account, I'll test it and see what happens

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Parley said:

It is probably worth updating the date format on posts to use Australian rather than American formatting.

eg.

2017-06-11_13-35-48.jpg

you mean English format

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Parley said:

eg.

2017-06-11_13-35-48.jpg

I think its a browser issue. I had brought it up with @Cerberus1 a while back as I have the same issue on my computer. I use Chrome on the iMac. I know it was being looked in to but there may not be a solution to it. Apart from using a different browser.. 

6 hours ago, simmo said:

you mean English format

No, he means Australian format. Which is perfectly fine. We are a rather international forum. Its good to try to embrace these sorts of things I think :) 

The Australian format happens to be the same as the UK (and a large part of the rest of the world too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country ). 

57 minutes ago, snifter said:

I think its a browser issue. I had brought it up with @Cerberus1 a while back as I have the same issue on my computer. I use Chrome on the iMac. I know it was being looked in to but there may not be a solution to it. Apart from using a different browser.. 

I use Chrome too (although on Windows PC), so maybe that is it.

I'm intrigued now so I'll have to try and trawl through all the settings to find what is causing it.

Edited by Parley

18 minutes ago, Parley said:

I use Chrome too (although on Windows PC), so maybe that is it.

I'm intrigued now so I'll have to try and trawl through all the settings to find what is causing it.

If you find a solution, let us know :) I just grrr at it as I don't really want to have to go poke around and try to find a fix. 

25 minutes ago, snifter said:

If you find a solution, let us know :) I just grrr at it as I don't really want to have to go poke around and try to find a fix. 

I have solved it with a little help from googling the problem (and you suggesting it is part of Chrome).

To fix it in Chrome.

Open Settings, then click to show advanced settings.

Go to Languages section.

Click to add a new language, you need to add English (Australian).

Position it to the top of your list of languages after adding it and remove the other languages below it.

Get your settings under languages to look like this and it will fix the issue.

2017-06-12_11-36-08.jpg

• Like 3

I'm now on Chrome on the Mac and the date's on quotes are now showing as yyyy-mm-dd, which is better than American format but still confused me to start with.  I've checked the settings (thanks @Parley) and they are Australian English.  Think I prefer safari on the ipad.