Jobs in Melbourne

Dependents of temporary visa holders can find it hard to get jobs - you're not an attractive proposition to an employer who may train you up only to find you gone within 60 days or whatever the period now is. A lot of women want work to accommodate school hours so there will be fierce competition for those sort of jobs. You could find yourself at the bottom of the list of priorities but I guess if you keep trying you will get work of some kind.

You might have to start with temporary work through an agency. I worked for one briefly called Temporarily Yours and it was ok.

If you have time on your hands consider a TAFE course. Good value and a great way to meet people and get a new skill.

On 20/05/2017 at 06:35, sunshinedawn said:

Is it easy to get a job in Melbourne. Ideally I would be looking at an admin job with hours around school hours. I would be coming on a 457 visa with a 2 year limit. Any advice welcome x

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

It's not easy at all to find part time admin jobs around school hours.  When my boy were small (over 20 years ago) part time jobs were like hens' teeth.  I even went to an agency that was supposed to deal in part time jobs.  Big joke.  In the end I went full time but after a short period of time my lovely female manager did change my hours to 10 until 4.  I was very lucky.  The boys did have to go to afternoon care (at their school) until my husband picked  them up at approx 4:30.

Good luck