Short stay accommodation - linen cost

Emma78

Hi we are looking for a place to stay for around 3 weeks at the end of May. I have been recommended to book with Caloundra Holiday Centre. I have received an email saying that they don't provide any bed linen or towels. You can hire it at a cost of between $18-25 per week with a $8 delivery fee. Which seems quite expensive to me. Just wondered what other people do? Can I buy quite reasonably priced linen when we arrive? Not sure there will be any room in our suitcase. Thanks 

If you can find a KMart, Target or Big W nearby then you can grab some cheap bed linen and towels etc. Plus you can use it once in a longer term rental befor your shipping arrives.

Its normal to bring your own sheets and stuff here. 

I recently got stung $90 for bed linen for three double beds for a two night stay, so that price isn't too bad for holiday house linen hire in my opinion.  I'm disputing the charge at the moment, because when we got to our holiday destination only two of the beds were made up, meaning the kids had to share a bed.  They didn't mind (mostly - there was a bit of moaning).  We had no option when we booked but to book linen for all three beds.  I assume they looked at our booking and saw that it was for four people, and assumed that those four people were two couples hence two beds made up.

When we first arrived in Australia we booked a hotel for the first couple of nights and had then arranged a rental/hire furniture via a relocation agent.  On our first day here we went to Target and Kmart and bought sheets, duvets, duvet covers and towels, a basic amount of crockery and cutlery, mugs etc.  We also went to the supermarket and bought breakfast provisions, tea, coffee, milk, bread etc just to get us through those first couple of days.  We bought the cheapest linen/towels we could and gradually replaced them over the years with better quality things.

Also, we sent some air freight, which you could possibly look at doing.  I don't remember the cost, but we sent four tea chest sized boxes with Seven Seas.  It was door to door delivery, and arrived within a week of being sent (so arrived two days after we arrived, I sent it before we left).  I put clothing, toys, books, shoes, toiletries, a few goodies in it, and it was very gratefully received!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Emma, I agree with the other members, but your own, even Woolworths sell cheap sheets. Or you could look at sleeping bags. I picked 5 up from the charity shop last week for 50c each. I use them for my dogs but they would have been great for bedding. Also Best for Less.

Firstly though drop them an email and ask if they can include the bedding in the price. It's winter here so I'm sure they would negotiate