Timeline 820 Partner visa-onshore

Kezzles

Hi all,

Thought I would start this thread to follow any others waiting for their visa to come through!

Applied 26 Feb 2017, application is ready to be assessed, all documents uploaded inc medicals and police checks.

Patiently waiting hoping no visa changes come this way!!

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:10 AM, Kezzles said:

Hi all,

Thought I would start this thread to follow any others waiting for their visa to come through!

Applied 26 Feb 2017, application is ready to be assessed, all documents uploaded inc medicals and police checks.

Patiently waiting hoping no visa changes come this way!!

Good luck.  I know the onshore is longer than the offshore, as we were considering flying to Oz and doing the onshore and was advised by an agent to hold off and apply in the UK as it would be processed quicker.  I know they are long times as a mate of mine waited 14 months for her onshore partner visa, although she was on a bridging visa and could still work and stuff so it was no big deal for her per se but I know they've also not long updated the processing times and the maximum is now listed as 22 months, but you'd like to think that most wouldn't have to wait anywhere near that!!!

15 minutes ago, Beffers said:

I know they are long times as a mate of mine waited 14 months for her onshore partner visa, although she was on a bridging visa and could still work and stuff so it was no big deal for her per se but I know they've also not long updated the processing times and the maximum is now listed as 22 months, but you'd like to think that most wouldn't have to wait anywhere near that!!!

If they have updated the on shore processing time to reflect even longer waits I'd expect it could easily run to that maximum or close to it. If they are drawing out the processing time they have to amend the online timings accordingly for obvious reasons. 

I do wonder if it's longer processing time is meant to be a deterrent to on shore applications. Being on a bridging visa for so long is far from ideal and some do struggle to secure work on it. 

44 minutes ago, snifter said:

If they have updated the on shore processing time to reflect even longer waits I'd expect it could easily run to that maximum or close to it. If they are drawing out the processing time they have to amend the online timings accordingly for obvious reasons. 

I do wonder if it's longer processing time is meant to be a deterrent to on shore applications. Being on a bridging visa for so long is far from ideal and some do struggle to secure work on it. 

You're right about difficulties in securing decent work on bridging visas as employers seem to be very suspicious!  The timings were changed mid April, I'll put them in below:

Family and partner visas (75% - 90%)
300 Prospective Marriage   12 months 16 months
820 Partner (Temporary)   17 months 20 months
801 Partner (Permanent)   15 months 20 months
309 Partner (Provisional)   11 months 16 months
100 Partner (Migrant)   13 months 22 months