Anyone else?

So I have been closely watching the exchange rate over the past few days and it is creeping up slowly but surely. Currently in my app TransferWise rate is 1.7032.

I'm looking to transfer some pounds into dollars (not a huge amount) and have been holding off and little bit.

Anyone else watching with a finger on the do I / don't I submit button??!

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

So I have been closely watching the exchange rate over the past few days and it is creeping up slowly but surely. Currently in my app TransferWise rate is 1.7032.

I'm looking to transfer some pounds into dollars (not a huge amount) and have been holding off and little bit.

Yup, same here. Last slice I transferred I watched the rate for two weeks, rabbit in headlights style, then finally sent the dosh and the very next day it went up by about .25. - which seems like a lot these days. So next time it's going to be even harder to click on send

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

Should go up a bit after the election. Assuming may wins.

Edited by newjez

1 hour ago, Fisher1 said:

I'd almost rather have a low exchange rate. Almost but not quite ... I'm not a martyr :)

It's not like we have much influence, despite the sovereignty granted us by brexit. The way I see it, if you can make money out of something undesirable, as long as you didn't cause it, it's okay. My pension has increased massively since brexit. I don't feel guilty about that one bit. 

• Like 1

My Transferwise app has been getting some right action too!!! 

Do any of you so this?, I set up a transfer which is guaranteed for 24 hours, I don't actually transfer the money (as I have 24 hours at that rate) the next day if the rate has gone up, I cancel the existing one and set up a new one at the higher rate and basically everytime it goes up I cancel the old one. (Did explain that clear enough)

By doing this I started a transfer at $1.71, kept cancelling it until it it reached $1.73 then the next day it had gone down so I completed that transfer as it was still guaranteed at $1.73

I agree though that it should go higher after the elections. Just wish it would go back to last year when it got to over $2.17

We can but hope........

• Like 3

I would be very pleasantly surprised if it hits 2.00. I would be hoping for 1.80 though, maybe even overshooting towards 1.90 after the election. I may transfer some over for my next Australian trip then, as I would expect it to drop back after the election while they sort out the brexit details.

(I'm guessing btw! I can't actually see the future!)

5 minutes ago, adele244 said:

Yes definitely, the only difference is the app and the website. for some reason if you do it on the app it states you get 11 hours but the website says "rate guaranteed for 24 hours"

So yes do it Ozzie!!!!

I just went on to do this (app) and it states 24 hours so they must have changed it recently, yay!

Did anyone end up transferring? I'm going through wait out the 24 hours and make a decision. Current difference from for me if I transferred now would be just under $16 difference. So not a huge deal...

Just now, adele244 said:

Oooh I know, just seen!!!! Looking good kidda!

I've got so many cancelled TransferWise transfers thanks to your genius advice, such a fab idea! The great thing too, is if you wait to deadline the cash is in your account v v quickly

• 3 weeks later...