transferring from 457 to 189 visa

newgirl

Hi,

I am currently working on 457 in Australia and wish to apply for PR 189 visa.  I have yet to put in EOI (pending IELTS) but was going through what documents I need to have ready if I am invited to apply.  Will they require re-submission of things like birth certificate and employment history, given that these were part of my 457 application?  I need to be prepared as some of these items are back in the UK at the moment.

Also, a question about the points allocation.  I can get 5 points for having worked in my occupation in Australia for between 1-3 years.  Can I also claim 5 points in the other factors section which refers to having done a professional year in Aus in the 4 years before applying (the explanation of this section then refers to courses whereas I had assumed this referred to actual work done?).

Thanks in anticipation.

Yes, thanks verystormy, I'm aware of that.  I have my skills assessment in the form of an AHPRA certificate which looking at the website is what's required for my job.  Because some of my documents are overseas I wanted to know if I needed to get them if I was invited to apply as I think there's time limits to acting on the invite?

Yes, thanks verystormy, I'm aware of that.  I have my skills assessment in the form of an AHPRA certificate which looking at the website is what's required for my job.  Because some of my documents are overseas I wanted to know if I needed to get them if I was invited to apply as I think there's time limits to acting on the invite?

AHPRA does not do skills assessments. They are the equivalent of UK's NMC. They are a professional registration body.

Skills assessments are done by ANMAC for nurses, and ASMIRT for radiographers.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...