Family visa

Jaake_ni

My partner my 6 m/o daughter and I are currently trying to move to Australia, I'm having trouble finding a visa that is suitable to us, is this possible to move all 3 of us? Would we have to possibly move myself over then my partner and daughter? Which visa is right for us? Any help would be appreciated greatly! 

You will need to check the skills assessment criteria for fitter as these are very specific in relation to duties and skills. 

Howver, a bigger issue will be that generally in order to pass a skills assessment you need a combination of qualification and post qualification experience. 

The assessing authority should be able to tell you how much of this is required - usually 2/3 years. 

You also need to calculate your points - you need at least 60. 

Once you are eligible for a visa (have a positive skills assessment and have passed an English exam if required which most people have to for points) you can lodge an expression of interest and wait to invited. Once invited you apply. You would be the main applicant with the rest of your family secondary and all would receive a full visa. 

• Like 2

I tried to submit an EOI for a subclass 189 visa, although when coming towards the end of the form it would only allow me to submit if I had working experience in Australia already, maybe I am going for the wrong subclass? 

Do you think acquiring a working holiday visa first then trying to gain sponsorship would be a good idea or is this too much of a risk 

• 11 months later...
On 4/1/2017 at 03:12, Jaake_ni said:

My partner my 6 m/o daughter and I are currently trying to move to Australia, I'm having trouble finding a visa that is suitable to us, is this possible to move all 3 of us? Would we have to possibly move myself over then my partner and daughter? Which visa is right for us? Any help would be appreciated greatly! 

It will really depend on your situation as there are many different visa subclasses.

You can do your research on the Immigration Website to get a basic insight, or consider an assessment with a Registered Agent.

On 4/2/2017 at 18:10, Jaake_ni said:

I tried to submit an EOI for a subclass 189 visa, although when coming towards the end of the form it would only allow me to submit if I had working experience in Australia already, maybe I am going for the wrong subclass? 

You should not submit an EOI until you have done at least a skills assessment.