Hey guys,

I loged my 186 nomination and visa file on 11 dec 2015. It will be 2 months day after tomorrow. . Anyone know about when we will have case officer.

Thanks

hey mate, it's taking anywhere between near 6 months - 6 n a half months so hang tight, could be earlier but keep 6 months mark as a target. Keep following and posting,

make ke sure you update your occupation, where did you apply, and did you do you medicals and are all the docs from checklist submitted, these are the factors might affect the time.

Hi Guys we will be applying our 186 end of this month its trs we got our 457 approved in late feb 2014 My wife's first group certificate(For financial year 2013/2014) show her annual income $48342.Employer started paying her increased wages after the grant of visa which was on late feb 2014 so it was around 4 months she got paid according to salary threshold she was suppose to be paid because she work for non profit organization they get salary packing thing in which you save bit of tax and your paid tax is lower than non salary packing people(Ordinary working Australian in profitable organizations).For Financial year 2015/2016 she is been paid well more than required threshold for 457 but again due to salary packing thing her group certificate has taxbale income around 47000+ do you think immi might ask a question as this does not seem the required threshold which if am not wrong is $52300+ techincally she full fill the requirement its just her employer is offering their employees salary packing due to that her both group certificates have two different incomes(taxable and non taxable)both are visible on group certificates her occupation is program administrator.Thanks Guys for your opinions :)

Good luck to you all those already waiting hold tight fingers crossed.

Hi Guys we will be applying our 186 end of this month its trs we got our 457 approved in late feb 2014 My wife's first group certificate(For financial year 2013/2014) show her annual income $48342.Employer started paying her increased wages after the grant of visa which was on late feb 2014 so it was around 4 months she got paid according to salary threshold she was suppose to be paid because she work for non profit organization they get salary packing thing in which you save bit of tax and your paid tax is lower than non salary packing people(Ordinary working Australian in profitable organizations).For Financial year 2015/2016 she is been paid well more than required threshold for 457 but again due to salary packing thing her group certificate has taxbale income around 47000+ do you think immi might ask a question as this does not seem the required threshold which if am not wrong is $52300+ techincally she full fill the requirement its just her employer is offering their employees salary packing due to that her both group certificates have two different incomes(taxable and non taxable)both are visible on group certificates her occupation is program administrator.Thanks Guys for your opinions :)

Hey mate, I'd be but worried about this situation as far as I know the 457visa holders must be paid the minimum thr should and market salary after a certain date when it was introduced. Please consult migration a lawyer or migration agent about it.

Please check your 457 visa, there is a minimum salary on it. If you paid less than that amount, it should be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The salary packaging might not be a problem, as it only reduces her taxable income, not the gross income, and that (gross income) should be evidenced in the employment contract and any deductions should be able to be referenced in the salary packaging documentation. However I think 186 visas now have a market rate salary requirement, rather than a minimum salary requirement, so your wife should be being paid the market rate for her job, which should be the same as or more than the current minimum rate for her 457 and the same as non-sponsored people doing the same job in her organisation. I've had a quick look and you might be ok though - it's about $55k here : http://www.payscale.com/research/AU/Job=Program_Administrator%2c_Non-Profit_Organization/Salary

Check this carefully with your wife's company's MA or HR department - and you might want to wait until the nomination is definitely approved before applying for your visa, as that way you won't be wasting your money if the nomination is rejected. It will take longer, but you won't be wasting your money.

Edited by Slartibartfast

G'day guys, Does anyone know what is the difference in teams ? Actually My MA enquired to immigration about status of application and get back reply "in process" from Team 1 NSW.

I applied both NOM and Visa 15/jun/15 and 16/06/15. DIBP requested few documents couple of times already in three months difference and we submitted requested doc within the time but still we have been waiting for 8 months now.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

G'day guys, Does anyone know what is the difference in teams ? Actually My MA enquired to immigration about status of application and get back reply "in process" from Team 1 NSW.

I applied both NOM and Visa 15/jun/15 and 16/06/15. DIBP requested few documents couple of times already in three months difference and we submitted requested doc within the time but still we have been waiting for 8 months now.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Wow, that is a long time... What documents were requested?

Hi,

Have been following this thread for a while.

Our PR was granted yesterday.

Details below,if someone would like to add to the timeline

Nomination lodged 8/5/15 granted 13/9/15

visa lodged 9/8/15 granted 10/2/16

Transition stream

2 applicants

LR country

NSW processing centre

didn't use a MA, no documents requested

occupation-farrier

good luck to all that are still waiting.so hard near the end but it will happen

Hi,

Transition stream

2 applicants

LR country

NSW processing centre

occupation-farrier

great news @claire2602 good luck with your future.

Hi,

Transition stream

2 applicants

LR country

NSW processing centre

occupation-farrier

Congratulations @claire260 :)