8 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Dan241 If it has been finalized / granted it should say so within your "View Details" page: 

You should have a list of people within the application, plus the status next to it - see below, my name with "Granted"

image.png.654fc6b1d12af44cf5719e02b4b89428.png

Also, under messages would be your "Immi Grant Notifications" (PDF files), you should have something there?

Awesome, thanks! It says granted, but no PDF file yet.

• Congratulations 6

Just now, Dan241 said:

Awesome, thanks! It says granted, but no PDF file yet.

@Dan241 That's weird, but congrats - I was under the impression that the files get automatically uploaded on finalization. 

Must just be a system issue, I'm sure they'll be there soon. 

1 hour ago, Dan241 said:

Hi,

After being requested to undergo my medicals on 13/04/2019, I completed this on 23/04/2019.

My immi account now says "Finalised" and says please refer to messages, but there is nothing in the messages, does this mean it has been granted?

Wow, yours got approved in 4 weeks? Congratulations! Good to see they are sorting this system out for new applications and saving a lot of heart ache.

Unfortunately for me it seems they are processing ones paying the saf levy a lot quicker than applicants prior to August 2018. 

Hi guys,

I was wondering if in any of your applications you put in details of volunteer work you've done in Australia? Especially if it relates to your nominated position? What did you include?

My occupation is event manager, and I've recently joined a non-profit to help disadvantaged women in Australia, and I'm lending use of my event management skills. This directly ties in with my job, and I feel like may be useful to include in the application as it makes me seem like a "good" candidate. Obviously, I'll continue volunteering my time and talent regardless of whether it is advised to put into the application.

Just wondering if anyone's had experience with that.

14 minutes ago, expatica said:

Hi guys,

I was wondering if in any of your applications you put in details of volunteer work you've done in Australia? Especially if it relates to your nominated position? What did you include?

My occupation is event manager, and I've recently joined a non-profit to help disadvantaged women in Australia, and I'm lending use of my event management skills. This directly ties in with my job, and I feel like may be useful to include in the application as it makes me seem like a "good" candidate. Obviously, I'll continue volunteering my time and talent regardless of whether it is advised to put into the application.

Hi are you the main holder of 457 visa? if so you could be breaching the work condition of only working for your nominated company?

Just be careful...here is a useful document explaining. https://www.volunteering.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/432251/volunteers___visas.pdf 

Edited by sydneyishuk

15 minutes ago, expatica said:

Hi guys,

@expatica 
The main question here is; Are you getting paid (in any way) - this includes free stuff from "perks". 

If so, you'll be in breach and have an issue (refusal), if the CO finds out. 
If not, then you should be fine, however, I suggest to rather leave it off.

I hear what you say in that it might help your case, however, in this particular area - it would only cause more complexity;
- As the CO would then need to investigate the work you've done to ensure it was all above par. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hex said:

@expatica 
The main question here is; Are you getting paid (in any way) - this includes free stuff from "perks". 

If so, you'll be in breach and have an issue (refusal), if the CO finds out. 
If not, then you should be fine, however, I suggest to rather leave it off.

I hear what you say in that it might help your case, however, in this particular area - it would only cause more complexity;
- As the CO would then need to investigate the work you've done to ensure it was all above par. 

Ok interesting - that doc is perfect for what I was looking for in terms of information.

Yes, I am the main holder of the 457 and I am aware of the "no work outside my company" which is all well and good. I am not getting paid in any capacity, there are no perks, etc. The entire non-profit is staffed by volunteers at this point. There are no paid positions within the non-profit at all.

I'll have a chat to my MA about it. Again, still going to volunteer regardless, as I know it is not in breach of my visa. But it's a good point about weighing the benefits of including it. While it makes it more "complex" it also shows that I am a genuine person that wants to contribute to Australian society in general.

8 minutes ago, karsheka said:

Hi guys,

When I was checking the s56 request further information mail, I could see the CO signature and the position number, does this position number refers to our application position in the queue?

What was the request made for , is it 28 working days or just 28 days i also got s56 request for medical

• Like 1

The request was for completing the medical and it was on 28 March. Provided medical on 3rd April. Logically 28 days completed last week (24 april), still my application is in recieved state.

What was the request made for , is it 28 working days or just 28 days i also got s56 request for medical

20 minutes ago, karsheka said:

Hi guys,

When I was checking the s56 request further information mail, I could see the CO signature and the position number, does this position number refers to our application position in the queue?

No - this position number is basically the Case Officer's ID number

22 minutes ago, karsheka said:

I don't think it's 28 working days as my colleague got the grant in 32 days

Have you got your nomination approved already , i think its too early to contact CO as we are within the global processing timeframe , even after 28 days there is no any obligation for CO to decide the application

1 hour ago, GAL said:

Is it okay to contact your case officer when your have exceeded the 28 days in further assessment?

@GAL 28 days is what they estimate. This is not official and not guaranteed. 

With each case being different, there are some cases that have had responses within 1 day, and some that have gone into months, to only then be put into "Further Assessment", for additional processing. 

From my experience, complaining after 28 days (or longer) will have  no effect what so ever on your case. However, there is nothing stopping you from trying. 

Good luck! 

Hello Everyone,

Could someone please help and advise based on the below outlined situation.

State: NSW
Birth Country: UK
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  26th June 2018 ( MA attached the PR visa application to the wrong link i.e. to old 457 Nomination link.

Do you think the administrative error from MA would impact the PR timeline or it shouldn’t impact the application timeline since it was originally applied in June 2018.

My MA advised that it wouldn’t impact the decision timeline and he already got a verbal confirmation from the CO,s Manager.

PR visa application withdrawn: 7th March 2019

Reapplied New PR application: 8th March 2019

Nomination approved: 19th April 2019

IMMI Status: Received 

4 minutes ago, AM19 said:

Hello Everyone,

Could someone please help and advise based on the below outlined situation.

State: NSW
Birth Country: UK
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  26th June 2018 ( MA attached the PR visa application to the wrong link i.e. to old 457 Nomination link.

Do you think the administrative error from MA would impact the PR timeline or it shouldn’t impact the application timeline since it was originally applied in June 2018.

My MA advised that it wouldn’t impact the decision timeline and he already got a verbal confirmation from the CO,s Manager.

PR visa application withdrawn: 7th March 2019

Reapplied New PR application: 8th March 2019

Nomination approved: 19th April 2019

IMMI Status: Received 

@AM19 As long as the CO wasn't allocated then it should make no difference (other than being lodged 1 day later). 

I do find this - "My MA advised that it wouldn’t impact the decision timeline and he already got a verbal confirmation from the CO,s Manager." - interesting and a would be extremely surprised if it were true. 
- Imagine if MA's could contact CO's managers... As far as I'm aware, the best they can do is email and hope someone picks it up and responds. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, karsheka said:

The request was for completing the medical and it was on 28 March. Provided medical on 3rd April. Logically 28 days completed last week (24 april), still my application is in recieved state.

Mine is the same, asked for additionally docs from the company and for me and my wife to upload AFP and medicals on the 8th of March. All done well before the 28 day deadline. Asked  my MA today and they have had no further contact since. 7 weeks now, was excited at the start of April, now have the feeling that either;

1. Something is going wrong with the nomination (Don't see how this could be, my employer has sponsered PR a number of times over the past few years)

2. My application is going to be forgotten (Seeing as they are approving people from August onwards and barely approving anything from before then - I assume so this is so they can up their approval numbers and look good in statistics or what not).

To be honest I'm finding it really hard to stay positive and have only been waiting 10 months, I'm constantly imagining that I'm going to get a phone call to say it's been rejected and to start packing up your life! It must be impossible for those waiting over two years,. I really feel for you guys!

8 minutes ago, Cbyrne11 said:

Mine is the same, asked for additionally docs from the company and for me and my wife to upload AFP and medicals on the 8th of March. All done well before the 28 day deadline. Asked  my MA today and they have had no further contact since. 7 weeks now, was excited at the start of April, now have the feeling that either;

1. Something is going wrong with the nomination (Don't see how this could be, my employer has sponsered PR a number of times over the past few years)

2. My application is going to be forgotten (Seeing as they are approving people from August onwards and barely approving anything from before then - I assume so this is so they can up their approval numbers and look good in statistics or what not).

To be honest I'm finding it really hard to stay positive and have only been waiting 10 months, I'm constantly imagining that I'm going to get a phone call to say it's been rejected and to start packing up your life! It must be impossible for those waiting over two years,. I really feel for you guys!

Be positive you will get it soon I am

also waiting from July.... received an email on 4 April but still nothing... hopefully by next month we will have something just pray.