On 17/02/2021 at 21:47, Tech said:

This is not an issue with Hospitality only  , i know many ICT which is not in PMSOL is also waiting from long time, Mine is also nearing 11 months, ICT-Systems Analyst

Hi , I have lodged Nomination and visa under Direct entry stream for systems analyst. Did you lodged under TRzt or Direct entry

This is not an issue with Hospitality only  , i know many ICT which is not in PMSOL is also waiting from long time, Mine is also nearing 11 months, ICT-Systems Analyst

Mine is also ICT - Systems Analyst

Nomination and Visa application lodged :- 03-Sep-2020

Nomination Approved :-  08-Jan-2021

s56 Request For further Information :-  23-Dec-2021

Request Submitted :-  8- Feb-2021

Onshore : Yes

Note: Currently in 186 Bridging Visa

Awaiting further news.

I have been reading this forum for the last 3 months. Thank you so much for everyone. I learned a lot from here. I have received the golden email on 18th of February. 

University Lecturer - QLD (Brisbane)

On shore - 3 applicants (me as main, my wife and my son)

Nomination and Visa Application: 31.Dec.2020

Visa Medicals: 27.Jan.2021

Asking for my wife's PTE result : 27.Jan.2021 (Uploaded in the system at the same date)

Visa Grant: 18.Feb.2021

My application was lodged by an experienced company (visa lawyers) in Sydney. My university has been working with the company. It was pretty straightforward for me.

• Congratulations 2

Can any one please confirm is Labor market testing is mandatory requirement for 186 DE?

thanks

Hi , I have lodged Nomination and visa under Direct entry stream for systems analyst. Did you lodged under TRzt or Direct entry

22 hours ago, Divya said:

Can any one please confirm is Labor market testing is mandatory requirement for 186 DE?

thanks

@Divya A simply Google search should help with this - although I'm not certain it looks (and reads) as though it's highly recommended. 

Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=186+de+is+labour+market+testing+mandatory&rlz=1C1CHBF_enAU843AU843&oq=186+de+is+labour+market+testing+manda&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33i160.7759j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

Results: 

image.png.44bd65c2fe853e4b0ca1d40dff80752e.png

image.thumb.png.0c9e6c3c3a6a831c86abd3a954f8e1ab.png

Results from Immigration site (also found from a Google Search): https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/sponsoring-workers/nominating-a-position/labour-market-testing

Hope that helps. 

Edited by Hex

On 19/02/2021 at 23:59, Tech said:

Yes in June 2020

Thanks for your reply, since nomination is approved and if you are in onsite, that means you are in bridging visa for 186?

Since my 457 was expired my bridging visa for 186 DE has been activated. But not sure how long it will take me to get the grant.

No movement from June 2020. Still 'received'. 

Congratulations to all those that have received their grant recently. Do not want this to come across as bitter, but does anyone understand how this process works? I understand those who's occupations are on the priority list have been granted visa's relatively quickly, however, I am seeing occupations not on the list, being granted before me despite applying after? I assume its a combination of things, with luck also being at play. 

Would just be nice to hear some explanation on how it works. It is extremely deflating not having any idea as to what is going on and not being able to answer any questions. 

Visa - 186 (TRT) - over 4 years on 457 (now on bridging visa), 2 years on 417 

Occupation - Financial Investment Adviser 

State - NSW 

No of applications - 1 and onshore. 

Country - UK 

Really do not understand it. I have been in Australia for nearly 7 years now, I have bought a property here, have an Australian partner. Yet, if someone in my family in the UK get sick and I leave.. I will struggle to get back in the country. Fingers cross for some news (any sort of news would be fine), soon. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Ra1214 said:

Thanks for your reply, since nomination is approved and if you are in onsite, that means you are in bridging visa for 186?

Since my 457 was expired my bridging visa for 186 DE has been activated. But not sure how long it will take me to get the grant.

Bridging Visa will activate in May , hopefully by then we should have news 🤞

51 minutes ago, Hopeforever said:

Hi

am new to this 

Ens 186/187 applied in July2019

cook • VIC

all documents submitted including medicals

last update 12/11/2019

after that no news. 
19 months running 

anyone in same condition 

Hi, call immigration and tell them you are waiting too long . Some cases can go up to 3/4 years if you just rely on them to open you file. Don’t waste your time writing them an email they won’t reply you. Hope it works. 

When I spoke to my company lawyer she said labor market testing is not mandatory but we need to show genuine need of position I’m not sure what documents company has shared to lawyer. Also, I m working with same employer through consultancy payroll since 4 years . Now the company has sponsored for direct entry 186 I’m not sure it may add some additional advantage to my application.