I was discussing the PR process with my MA today and he clearly indicated that he has seen many cases he processed post August 2018 with new SAF Levy rule has gone through faster and got approval almost 100% and people like me who applied pre August 2018 have to wait a little longer 😢. I have used complaints option in my Immi account to put in my concerns which probably won't be looked but anyway who cares I vented my concerns... as I feel its very unfair that companies like Deloitte can get approvals sooner than our average MA is also gut wrenching, can someone who processed using Deloitte kindly give me their contact details as I want to know the secret ingredient on how can they get approvals in two months where people like me and many other are waiting from 2017-2018 have to have their life's on hold... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I was discussing the PR process with my MA today and he clearly indicated that he has seen many cases he processed post August 2018 with new SAF Levy rule has gone through faster and got approval almost 100% and people like me who applied pre August 2018 have to wait a little longer [emoji22]. I have used complaints option in my Immi account to put in my concerns which probably won't be looked but anyway who cares I vented my concerns... as I feel its very unfair that companies like Deloitte can get approvals sooner than our average MA is also gut wrenching, can someone who processed using Deloitte kindly give me their contact details as I want to know the secret ingredient on how can they get approvals in two months where people like me and many other are waiting from 2017-2018 have to have their life's on hold... 

Hi. Correct me if I’m wrong. I think those people are working for Deloitte, not using Deloitte as MA. By the way, would you mind sharing which MA you are using?

2 minutes ago, galisuman said:

I was discussing the PR process with my MA today and he clearly indicated that he has seen many cases he processed post August 2018 with new SAF Levy rule has gone through faster and got approval almost 100% and people like me who applied pre August 2018 have to wait a little longer 😢. I have used complaints option in my Immi account to put in my concerns which probably won't be looked but anyway who cares I vented my concerns... as I feel its very unfair that companies like Deloitte can get approvals sooner than our average MA is also gut wrenching, can someone who processed using Deloitte kindly give me their contact details as I want to know the secret ingredient on how can they get approvals in two months where people like me and many other are waiting from 2017-2018 have to have their life's on hold... 

@galisuman Unfortunately, getting upset with the system won't really solve anything here. 

There are many factors at play when someone gets their grant within 2-3 months and I agree, it's unfair - however, for the department - it makes sense. 

As far as I know, Deloitte are on a different "package" (I forget the correct term) as a sponsor (which, they pay A LOT of money for) and hence, get priority.
That and them being a massive international business would play role in the quick turnaround times. 

This is not to argue, nor to say it's fair (I agree with you), however, it's something that you may need to understand before you start comparing.
- You are not comparing apples with apples here. 

Deloitte and a few others (Atlassian) are exceptions (due to their size and money they spend on their immigrations). 

This can go round and round, however, if you get all the facts, I think (although still unfair), I think you would understand a little more. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, galisuman said:

I almost feel like withdrawing my application en re apply  for a TRT instead of DE as by now I have worked long enough for this restaurant. Its just so much money!!!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Suusz said:

I almost feel like withdrawing my application en re apply  for a TRT instead of DE as by now I have worked long enough for this restaurant. Its just so much money!!!

I feel the same every morning when I get up to work but some of us are bound to our applications that we fear leaving the company will reset the clock backward and DE is an uncertainty as well so we bend over and get one with our life's checking the immi account 10 times a day...

4 minutes ago, Suusz said:

But Recently they processed more DE than TRT. Be patient.

On 18/03/2019 at 14:11, A10 said:

Hi Mustung

I applied my visa on the same as yours 3 april 2018 (nomination was approved last yr Feb). I paid VAC2 on the same day it was requested 27-2-2019. 

Now waiting 20 days. My status stays as "Received" even now. Possibly because no other docs were requested. I am anxious as one of my overseas pcc expired last week.

Fingers crossed. Hoping for a grant this week ....

HI Mate, 

any update on your Visa Grant?

• Confused 1

Improving the assessment of food system sustainability

On 13/03/2019 at 22:51, HarryWong said:

Hi, everyone,

My normination was approved on 26th Feburary 2019, after exactly 9 months waiting. At the same day, I was requested further documents on relationship proof and they were sent on 1st March 2019. Do you think there is high chance of visa granted at the end of this month?

@HarryWong

Congrats! Can I ask what docs they asked for re. relationship? Had you already provided some and they asked for more? (trying to figure out how much to submit) Thanks!

3 hours ago, SAJ.N said:

But Recently they processed more DE than TRT. Be patient.

I just cant reapply for DE as my occupation is taken off the list, but I am still eligable to apply for a TRT. It will be with the same company. I just think that my file is so far lost that I have better chances of getting it picked up when I re apply

Edited by Suusz

32 minutes ago, Suusz said:

I just cant reapply for DE as my occupation is taken off the list, but I am still eligable to apply for a TRT. It will be with the same company. I just think that my file is so far lost that I have better changes of getting it picked up when I re apply

Honestly I wouldn't do that if I were in your shoe. This processing time is not guaranteed and applying again is expensive. But it's up to you how much risk you afford to take.

Good luck

47 minutes ago, Kaaaaaaaaate said:

Improving the assessment of food system sustainability

@HarryWong

Congrats! Can I ask what docs they asked for re. relationship? Had you already provided some and they asked for more? (trying to figure out how much to submit) Thanks!

Hi, they asked for proves on 4 aspects: financial, household, social, nature of committment. I wrote a statement and also presented 2 friends statements, joint bank account, address prove, some pictures showing social gatherings, etc. No further document asked afterward.

Edited by HarryWong

On 21/03/2019 at 10:40, Hisham Khan said:

Hi, My company just received an email from DHA and requested more information.

* Evidence that the duties to be performed in the position of Field Scoper (Electrical) correspond to the tasks of the nominated occupation of Electrical Engineer.

My question is, that is it normal that DHA ask for further evidence?

If anyone can help me with this that what good evidence to give to satisfy DHA or what kind of transcript to write. That will be really helpful.

or if anyone had any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Nomination Lodged: 4/10/18

Visa Lodged: 22/10/18

Electrical Engineer 

DE 186

Hi Hisham

Would you mind me asking which state are you applying from and which PESE is processing you application?

2 hours ago, galisuman said:

I feel the same every morning when I get up to work but some of us are bound to our applications that we fear leaving the company will reset the clock backward and DE is an uncertainty as well so we bend over and get one with our life's checking the immi account 10 times a day...

Take it easy, you are not over the processing times yet...I know it can be difficult but breath, be patient and try to learn something good from this though moment! That's life and as much as our lives are "on hold" at the moment we need to try to live as best as we can... we never know if we have tomorrow! 🙂 Try it, you can learn something good from all this!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankau said:

Hello Guys,

Can anyone help to answer whether we can leave the company after 186 visa was granted.

Thanks

The answer depends. If you applied for the 186 without a genuine intention to work for your employer for the full 2-year period, and it is determined that the application was made with fraudulent or misleading claims, then you can lose your 186.

However, if the application was made on genuine grounds, but the employment relationship has subsequently broken down, or ended due to the nature of normal staff turnover (or other standard employment issues) then your 186 will continue without any problems.

1 hour ago, sydneyishuk said:

The answer depends. If you applied for the 186 without a genuine intention to work for your employer for the full 2-year period, and it is determined that the application was made with fraudulent or misleading claims, then you can lose your 186.

However, if the application was made on genuine grounds, but the employment relationship has subsequently broken down, or ended due to the nature of normal staff turnover (or other standard employment issues) then your 186 will continue without any problems.

what if you have a tempting offer with a lucrative package...  

10 minutes ago, Mustung said:

I would say that a tempting offer would be included in standard employment issues.... but maybe double check with your MA.

9 minutes ago, Mustung said:

@Mustung That would mean that you have "no intention of staying for the 2 years", after the visa is granted and would make the visa condition(s) not fulfilled. 

Meaning that, if
- (a) the department found out somehow or
- (b) your company informed the departement after the visa was granted, there would be a high chance of the visa being cancelled. 

This is a very real thing and does happen - i'd be very careful here if I were you.

The company sponsors you on the premise that you will be staying with them for min 2 years after granting.
- Failing a valid, real reason of leaving early - this could end terribly. All for a little extra money. Make sure it's worth it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So... it’s happened..!!! 🙌

Grant letter received first thing this morning!!!! 🎉

its been such a long road... first holidaying in Oz in 2008, then again in 2016 sowed the seed..

after a lot of self investigation into visas, going through a state nomination only to have the occupation pulled from their list and trying again with another state and having that declined (and sacking the incompetent MA)

then out of the blue having an unexpected chat with friend of a friend that led to a job offer! That kickstarted the merry-go round of trying to find documents dating back years as evidence, studying for an exam over Xmas period (actually sitting writing an essay to pass a licence test Xmas night) and having my medical on morning of a friends wedding!

just over a year from application start to finish, dept asked for just an updated police check only, (even though medical had expired) and granted!!!😎

feel a mixture of such massive relief and excitement now and don’t actually know what to do next I’m shaking!!

best wishes everyone, keep the faith 🙂

It will def come eventually, it is hard seeing others granted before you who applied later or same occupations, remember why you started this journey and retain that smile 😃 

I will stay active and follow you all with interest.... hope to see you all ”down under!!”

(can someone update spreadsheet, details below)

🙌

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🙌👌🎉🎉😎😎😎🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

Edited by Munkey1980
  • Congratulations 12

Hi. Got a quick question. Do you guys receive any email notifications if there’s any new message in your immi account, eg CO requested for new documents, application moved to a new status? The contact information of my application is MA’s email. But if there’s any email notifications then I don’t need to check immi account every day.

Hi 

I am new on this forum  .applied 186 visa as cafe manager 

I got a 457 visa in 2015 Oct for 18th month

Than I re applied 457 visa in April  2018 but this time My nomination not approved 

Than my MA agent advice me to applly 186 visa bcz i finished my two year on 457 visa 

So i applied 186 after 

So anyone in same boat 

Under TRT condition

applied nomination and visa in July 2018 .

5 minutes ago, Puneet said:

Hi 

I am new on this forum  .applied 186 visa as cafe manager 

I got a 457 visa in 2015 Oct for 18th month

Than I re applied 457 visa in April  2018 but this time My nomination not approved 

Than my MA agent advice me to applly 186 visa bcz i finished my two year on 457 visa 

So i applied 186 after 

So anyone in same boat 

Under TRT condition

applied nomination and visa in July 2018 .

You said you got 457 visa in 2015 Oct for 18th month, so it means your 457 expires at 2017 March. 

And you reapplied  457 visa in April  2018, so what was your VISA condition between 2017 March and April  2018?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Puneet said:

I am on bridging visa

Bridging VISA is after you applied a new VISA (your old VISA is not expired at this moment),  before it is approved, your old VISA then goes expired, now you will be a bridge  VISA.

However for you, your first 457 VISA expired on 2017 March, and you did not apply any VISA until April  2018, how can you be on bridge VISA during that period?

I am confused, correct me if I am wrong.