7 hours ago, J Vitor said:

Immigration website says this

Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)    An overall band score of at least 30 for each of the 4 test components.

So on my understanding, if he got 26, he does not satisfy the requirements

My wife also got 29 in speaking but overall score is above 30. Now i have asked my MA about it, he has not replied yet. I thought it was overall score of 4.5 which is equal to 30 of pte was enough for secondary applicant. Now i am confused. 

6 hours ago, Beingme said:

My wife also got 29 in speaking but overall score is above 30. Now i have asked my MA about it, he has not replied yet. I thought it was overall score of 4.5 which is equal to 30 of pte was enough for secondary applicant. Now i am confused. 

It is not overall, it is each component. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beingme said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

That's what immi website says

9 hours ago, vasia said:

Hi guys, could someone update a spreadsheet.

I can’t believe it, didn’t get an email from MA today, went to check my immi account and found out that my visa was granted!!!

they didn’t ask for any documents, it just went from received to finalise.

does anybody know what do I have to do once my baby is born, which should be any day now. Do I have to add him to my visa or he is actually becoming an Australian citizen, so I will need to get him a local passport. Would appreciate any response.

Just stay positive and believ that your visa will come very soon. I also lost hope after I didn’t get visa,before new year, as i thought that baby will come before I get visa, but what a great news come into my house today, got visa and my son will be a first member of our family with Aussie passport)))

I believe that your child will be Australian citizen as you granted your PR before he/she is born.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SM1411 said:

Hi guys,

while lodging visa application through a MA can we request them to share the immi account login details with us?

This would be a big NO.

If they were to give you these details, you'd be able to see details of all their clients / cases that they are busy with, including sensitive company data (for the nominations). 

If you are looking for your visa details - simply, import the application into your immi account. If you're looking for your nomination details, you would need to get an update on this from your MA / company. 

1 hour ago, J Vitor said:

Even I think its average not individual scores. Check the requirement for Competent English.

Competent Eng - At least 6 for each of the 4 components

Functional Eng - An average band score of at least 4.5 for each or the 4 test components

Also sent mail to MA to confirm the same.

12 minutes ago, VS01 said:

Even I think its average not individual scores. Check the requirement for Competent English.

Competent Eng - At least 6 for each of the 4 components

Functional Eng - An average band score of at least 4.5 for each or the 4 test components

Also sent mail to MA to confirm the same.

I can confirm as well that it is individual score, not overall. I had personal experience with this.

I needed 80 on each to pass, had an overall of 83 but 79 on speaking - hence, failed and needed to redo it. 

8 hours ago, Beingme said:

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

I can confirm as well that it is individual score, not overall. I had personal experience with this.

I needed 80 on each to pass, had an overall of 83 but 79 on speaking - hence, failed and needed to redo it. 

Guys,

requirement is different for primary and secondary applicant. Question here is about secondary application 

This is a late update but I have been overseas for the past 4 weeks. We received news from immigration regarding my nomination, YAY. My boss and lawyer have collated the information requested from immigration and we have completed this today. 

The request came from immigration on the 13/12/18. As immigration give 28 days to collate the information requested, does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an answer on our nomination after the 28th day? 

Good luck everyone, I hope to see some grants today 🙂 

Tini

• Congratulations 2

5 minutes ago, VS01 said:

Guys,

requirement is different for primary and secondary applicant. Question here is about secondary application 

I'm pretty sure regardless of the applicant, the rules are the same 🙂

i.e. overall required vs 30 for each band. 

If in doubt, I suggest calling up your MA / waiting for them to respond and confirm. 

1 minute ago, Tini365 said:

This is a late update but I have been overseas for the past 4 weeks. We received news from immigration regarding my nomination, YAY. My boss and lawyer have collated the information requested from immigration and we have completed this today. 

The request came from immigration on the 13/12/18. As immigration give 28 days to collate the information requested, does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an answer on our nomination after the 28th day? 

Tini

I was requested Further documents on 23rd November, I sent the requested docs within 20 mins on 23rd November, still waiting. 

1 minute ago, Tini365 said:

Tini

@Tini365 My personal experience, I received feedback / updates on the requested documents within 35 days of request (both times).  

2 minutes ago, Tini365 said:

Tini

What's your timeline Tini?

9 minutes ago, VS01 said:

Guys,

I think secondary applicant requires only functional English which is 30 for PTE while primary requires Competent (or higher) which will be 50 for PTE 

Just now, Ndomera said:

I think secondary applicant requires only functional English which is 30 for PTE while primary requires Competent (or higher) which will be 50 for PTE 

That's correct, the required scores are different per applicant. What we trying to clarify here is that each candidate (regardless of score required) needs that score on each band and not as an overall pass mark (i.e. 30 on each band and not 30 on an overall pass mark). 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tini365 said:

Tini

What’s your timeline?

2 hours ago, Hex said:

I'm pretty sure regardless of the applicant, the rules are the same 🙂

i.e. overall required vs 30 for each band. 

If in doubt, I suggest calling up your MA / waiting for them to respond and confirm. 

Got confirmation from MA, it is overall score which matters in case of functional english proof.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, VS01 said:

Got confirmation from MA, it is overall score which matters in case of functional english proof.

4 minutes ago, VS01 said:

I think the advise is correct because the guidance for functional says "overall band score" . However to be on the safe side the person might just try and give another go because it might be cheaper to retake the test than to pay the additional amount. 

Hello all, 

Silent reader for the last two months. Always great to see people getting the golden email and best wishes to all who keep waiting (like me). 

Over the holidays I met someone who worked for the department of immigration and after telling him about my case and how long I had been waiting (which is within the timeframe), he advised I'd be waiting longer due to my situation. It is for this reason I am hoping to get some feedback, particularly from those who have applied with a partner (de-facto) and who have gotten PR. 

In my case, I've applied with my partner who i've been together with for over 3 years now. This is the same person I received 457 with and we've provided enough evidence to show our relationship. I was advised however, because we both have different passports and are not married (both LR countries), we are automatically placed into a category which the department has to further assess the validity of our relationship. He advised it's solely because our passports are different. If our passports would be from the same country, it would look more legitimate. Although I am not concerned as I have more then enough evidence to proof our relationship (lease, bank, etc), I do worry because of this simple fact our application takes much longer than expected. I've applied with MA through transition 186 and all documents (including Form 80) was submitted early March 2018. 

Therefore, anyone here applying with a de-facto from different country? Did you experience any longer waits than normal or did you experience any issues?

Thank you in advance. 

38 minutes ago, VS01 said:

41 minutes ago, VS01 said:

I was recently asked by DOHA to provide a new proof of functional English for my wife. Reading along the lines it may mean overall but I would also suggest to be on the safe side and perhaps give a new test to try to achieve individual band scores.

Here is what their requirement was when I was requested for this information, this is a screengrab from the PDF they sent over:

image.png.d3a39c3e479a4a7a2919769ad24b4003.png

• Like 1