5 minutes ago, zanfo said:

"Applications lodged more recently may be allocated for assessment ahead of older applications to facilitate more efficient processing of the pipeline and reduce processing times."

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAAAAN?? It''s non sense

It means,,,,,sorry we lost a few files ???

1 hour ago, Mr Stinson said:

It means,,,,,sorry we lost a few files ???

Basically they are saying if we have a low risk occupation, a low risk nominator and a low risk individual we can approve the application quickly. Some occupations are processed faster to meet the needs of Australia. For example, we have a surgeon that was nominated, approved and had his 187 granted earlier this year in a little over 3 months.

I realise it seems unfair, but you have to understand there are literally thousands of people applying for PR as a cook, retail managers etc, and orders of magnitude smaller amounts of other occupations. 

The DIBP need to meet certain KPI (key performance indicators) like any other business or government agency. I'll use healthcare as an example, if we can get a surgeon in a regional town that will have a much greater impact, on a much broader range of people than say a cook. (No matter how delicious your food is :)

But with todays good news, I think you guys should rest easy in the sense that now you're just running out the clock. You're not trying to beat March 2018 if you do DE. So that's a heartening and maybe a small glimmer of hope in a process that is shrouded in mystery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, future said:

Immi account application is showing the estimated processing time as well now.

It is shown as 8 months to 10 months for me

Are you guys also seeing the estimated processing time in your application? 

Is the processing time estimated total or from now on?

2 hours ago, zanfo said:

"Applications lodged more recently may be allocated for assessment ahead of older applications to facilitate more efficient processing of the pipeline and reduce processing times."

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAAAAN?? It''s non sense

I totally agree. It doesn't make sense.

Why do 16.000 applications in June 2017 negatively affect processing times from people who applied in April or May 2016?

Why is immi not clearing the back log from 2016 first and then move on to 2017 files?

Guest bradfords
4 hours ago, Yvi said:

Is the processing time estimated total or from now on?

I just checked my immi  account and it says 9 to 15 months processing time for me

On 18/11/2017 at 08:37, Yvi said:

I totally agree. It doesn't make sense.

Why do 16.000 applications in June 2017 negatively affect processing times from people who applied in April or May 2016?

Why is immi not clearing the back log from 2016 first and then move on to 2017 files?

I agree .. even though I applied in may 2017 .. they should go back to 2016 files and start processing from there . And they should be fair with all occupation .. they should not prioritise any occupation .. follow the row .. 

wtat they mean by most recent files ??? 

Does immigration work on saturdays too .. one of my friend got her residency in 186 transition visa in feb .. she said she got a call from blocked number and it was case officer calling her to congrats and let her know that her file is being processed 

Guest bradfords
23 hours ago, Mannish said:

R u apply for 186 de or trt??

In my IMMI account it says 8 to 10 months.

186 direct entry,

been waiting over 14 months 

On 04/09/2017 at 11:53, Riya cool said:

Hi everyone 

My file is in processing last two month. My passport is damage. Can I apply now or should I wait for PR. Anyone have any idea about this .

Are u onshore or offshore . U should wait untill u get your file approved .. it takes hardly 3 weeks in Australia to get new passport .. even if they ask u something u have 28 days .. see what works