A huge thank you to everyone on this forum for all the help, support and advice. It has been invaluable during this 7.5 month wait which finally ended for us today. No documents requested in fact no communication at all. Status went straight from Received to Finalised. We did however ask our MA to email immigration last Friday to check for an update. We weren't expecting to hear anything but then MA emailed today to confirm our visa has been granted. Wishing all of you who are waiting lots of luck and a speedy visa grant!

A huge thank you to everyone on this forum for all the help, support and advice. It has been invaluable during this 7.5 month wait which finally ended for us today. No documents requested in fact no communication at all. Status went straight from Received to Finalised. We did however ask our MA to email immigration last Friday to check for an update. We weren't expecting to hear anything but then MA emailed today to confirm our visa has been granted. Wishing all of you who are waiting lots of luck and a speedy visa grant!

congrats mate!

whats your occupation?

1)u can permanently stay in oz as long as you have a pr, and yes u can still have it while unemployment cuz generally no one gonna check your working status after 186 pr granted

2)u may visit www.border.gov.au and seach sol to find out more and accurate info about your occupation you r going to be nominated on

3)these are just some big step about nomination, u may miss some crucial step like skills assessment to apply 186 visa, again visit the website.

i m just wandering what language score do you need to apply 189 since you have been working in singapore for years your language skill should be competitive enough for that.

Thanks a lot for your reply :-)

I have checked and known the suitable ANZSCO for me is 2611 - Systems Analysts for a long time. We started to investigate how to apply PR visa 189 since nearly 3 years back when we were just in Singapore after getting a job after 7 - 8 months applying from Vietnam.

I cannot apply PR visa 189 directly as I cannot get enough points (for my case it's 2611 - Systems Analysts which require 70 points (released in Mar16) and quota is reducing significantly Y2015: 1,620, Y2016: 1,536 and Y2017: 1,482 :() I am not good at academic, therefore every tried many times, I cannot get 7 for Ielts or 65 in PTE for each band but unsuccessfully (I can achieve 7 or 7.5 overall quite possibly, and did it actually, but each band is very difficult (). If I could get 10 points with English, I would have maximum total 60 in total (No more points). It seems to be impossible for me to get 20 points in English :-( It's just 2nd language in my country, now as I've been working in SG for many years I don't have problem with English in working anymore but examination is still very tough, especially writing.

It is the reason why I hope I can get visa 186 instead of 189.

FYI I am working in IT field, more specific it's SAP Functional Consultant for more than 6 years. I worked about 1.5 years in Vietnam (my home country), 1.5 years in oversea projects and currently about 3 years in Singapore. So I wonder if anyone is in my field (SAP) got the visa 186, so it will give me more hope and motivation to try to find a job in Australia and rebuild our dream getting PR again :">

However I notice that the average processing time for visa 186 is more than 6 months, I don't think any company can wait such a long time to hire an employee :( So I guess I have to try to apply more Job and it's company willing to apply via 457 for me. Hopefully there is a huge luck for me :-)

Btw do u know how long normally to get visa 457 approval? Any document we have to prepare like submit the Skill Assessment with The Australian Computing Society (ACS), etc, kindly advise.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Minh

Thanks a lot for your reply :-)I have checked and known the suitable ANZSCO for me is 2611 - Systems Analysts for a long time. We started to investigate how to apply PR visa 189 since nearly 3 years back when we were just in Singapore after getting a job after 7 - 8 months applying from Vietnam.I cannot apply PR visa 189 directly as I cannot get enough points (for my case it's 2611 - Systems Analysts which require 70 points (released in Mar16) and quota is reducing significantly Y2015: 1,620, Y2016: 1,536 and Y2017: 1,482 :() I am not good at academic, therefore every tried many times, I cannot get 7 for Ielts or 65 in PTE for each band but unsuccessfully (I can achieve 7 or 7.5 overall quite possibly, and did it actually, but each band is very difficult (). If I could get 10 points with English, I would have maximum total 60 in total (No more points). It seems to be impossible for me to get 20 points in English :-( It's just 2nd language in my country, now as I've been working in SG for many years I don't have problem with English in working anymore but examination is still very tough, especially writing. It is the reason why I hope I can get visa 186 instead of 189.FYI I am working in IT field, more specific it's SAP Functional Consultant for more than 6 years. I worked about 1.5 years in Vietnam (my home country), 1.5 years in oversea projects and currently about 3 years in Singapore. So I wonder if anyone is in my field (SAP) got the visa 186, so it will give me more hope and motivation to try to find a job in Australia and rebuild our dream getting PR again :">However I notice that the average processing time for visa 186 is more than 6 months, I don't think any company can wait such a long time to hire an employee :( So I guess I have to try to apply more Job and it's company willing to apply via 457 for me. Hopefully there is a huge luck for me :-)Btw do u know how long normally to get visa 457 approval? Any document we have to prepare like submit the Skill Assessment with The Australian Computing Society (ACS), etc, kindly advise.Thanks a lot for your help.Best Regards,Minh
Morning mateThe 457 processing is simpler on both nomination and visa i believe, it probably cost half time than 186 and i heard someone got visa within one month.Plus u dont have to deal with acs since IT position doesn't involve assessment for 457, theres a list on the website for jobs which need assessment to apply

Hi Guys,

Finally is my turn!!! Just received the good news!

This is my timeline

01/12/2015 visa and nomination lodge

05/05/2016 documents requested, provided 14/05/2016 for visa, 30/05/2016 for nomination

22/06/2016 nomination approved

04/08/2016 visa approved!

Thanks for the company during this long wait and good luck to everyone!

Congrats!

Hi Guys,

Finally is my turn!!! Just received the good news!

This is my timeline

01/12/2015 visa and nomination lodge

05/05/2016 documents requested, provided 14/05/2016 for visa, 30/05/2016 for nomination

22/06/2016 nomination approved

04/08/2016 visa approved!

Thanks for the company during this long wait and good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone! first of all I'm so grateful for this blog, it's so helpful and everyone is so supportive. My MA lodged my nomination and visa application together on Monday. The acknowledgement from Immi came through for the nomination only. I have not heard ANYTHING re: acknowledgement of visa application (I heard that you get the bridging visa and Medicare letter within hours). It's now been 4 days! My MA says there is a backlog in the system, but I can't check myself. Is this something that's happened to anyone before? I need my Medicare Card ASAP! Thanks!

Edited by AuzzEh

Hi everyone! first of all I'm so grateful for this blog, it's so helpful and everyone is so supportive. My MA lodged my nomination and visa application together on Monday. The acknowledgement from Immi came through for the nomination only. I have not heard ANYTHING re: acknowledgement of visa application (I heard that you get the bridging visa and Medicare letter within hours). It's now been 4 days! My MA says there is a backlog in the system, but I can't check myself. Is this something that's happened to anyone before? I need my Medicare Card ASAP! Thanks!

It took 20 days to obtain my son's bridging visa after I got him added to my 186 application. I think ur MA is right!

It took 20 days to obtain my son's bridging visa after I got him added to my 186 application. I think ur MA is right!

Thank you Nasir! I'm just so impatient to get the ball rolling over here...imagine me waiting the 6+ months to have it processed! :huh:

Edited by AuzzEh

@mirzaa i just got my MA to call immi. It looks like vic pese is processing my nomination. 11 months now.. 

The lady said its toward the end of the process. I dont really know what does it mean? But she didnt give anytimeframe

Did ur ma ring immi or ur ma got d call from immi .......no worries bro u will get approval soon.......you know on which num my ma can ring bcz all d calls are picked by receptionist ......i dont know what to do bcz whenever i called them they just told to wait its under process

Did ur ma ring immi or ur ma got d call from immi .......no worries bro u will get approval soon.......you know on which num my ma can ring bcz all d calls are picked by receptionist ......i dont know what to do bcz whenever i called them they just told to wait its under process

Along with praying for myself I pray for you and all the people who have been waiting since last year. I hope that the next post would be that you got PR .. Wish you all the best

I asked my MA to call immi. The lady who picked up the phone said my file is with a team. Then she gave a number which starts with 03. That means its victoria pese number. But how does she know my file is toward the end of process?