I am going on holiday also while waiting for my 186. I will not need to get any new Police Checks.

You will be fine in that respect. If they have not opened your file and your police checks are over 12 months old. They will likely ask for new ones when they open your file.

So, just to clarify this issue...in about 20 days we'll be flying to our home country for a 3 weeks stay.

We lodged 186 nom and visa last 20th April.

Do we need to provide a new PCC (LR country)?

Our MA didn't say anything about this when we asked if we could travel in/out.

@Thakur g, the immi website says:

"For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years, since turning 16 years of age."

Therefore, an holiday (to your home country) should not be enough for a new PCC. Also considering that the PCC is valid for 12 months. Please advise if I'm wrong. [emoji6]

sorry guys, i left for holiday last week and missed a lot....much good news last week?

Last week was soo quiet. After u ozdream had site visit then got his pr 2 days later. Last week my company had site visit but they were after another applicant who applied 1 and half month after mee.

Hi Every1,

Nomination Approved...!

cannot process visa application due to my passport expired, unfortunately i have to wait till i get my new passport.

anyone knows how expedite indian passport application??

any sort of help would be appreciated.

THANKS

Hi Every1,

Nomination Approved...!

cannot process visa application due to my passport expired, unfortunately i have to wait till i get my new passport.

THANKS

I think it takes about 4 to 6 weeks.

I think it takes about 4 to 6 weeks.

VFS website indiacate 8 weeks. god know how long now.

Passport expired means my visa application goes on HOLD or they processed and wait for new passport to grant Visa???

did anybody had this issue in your processing??

Thanks

So, just to clarify this issue...in about 20 days we'll be flying to our home country for a 3 weeks stay.

@Thakur g, the immi website says:

"For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years, since turning 16 years of age."

Therefore, an holiday (to your home country) should not be enough for a new PCC. Also considering that the PCC is valid for 12 months. Please advise if I'm wrong. [emoji6]

I lodged 186 nom and visa on the same day with you!!:wink:

Edited by Redtomatoes

Hi Every1,

Nomination Approved...!

THANKS

Make sure you are attaching the Correct passport photo (Details in the web site), They rejected my PCC once.

Passport expired means my visa application goes on HOLD or they processed and wait for new passport to grant Visa???

Thanks

No ur processing will not be on hold ....they will process nd may be ask for ur new passport but it will not be on hold

Thanks

They do indicate this as a maximum time . But u will get ur new passport within 4 to 5 weeks. I applied for a new passport in 2012 and it took 4 weeks.

No ur processing will not be on hold ....they will process nd may be ask for ur new passport but it will not be on hold

You mean to say they will assess the other documents and CO already asked my MA about expired passport.

unfortunately my files open 1 day after my passport expired, otherwise the story would be other way around.

@Thakur g, the immi website says:"For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years, since turning 16 years of age."

Your PCC should be valid (12 months from the DOI) when the CO open your file, So check your PCC and if it expires before SEP-2016, apply one immediately.

"Short travel to home country after submitting the application", you don't need to worry because, The PCC requirements based on what you mentioned in the visa application (Last 10 years stay).

Hi everyone

I have a very stupid question to ask....how to edit my signature? I would like to share my current status....I already looked for the edit signature function for two hrs...:cry::cry::cry:

Just go to "settings" on top right of your screen and then "EDIT SIGNATURE" on left side column.

Hi Everyone,

I'm am currently in the middle of my 186 process. My nomination was approved last Thursday 02/06/2016 (processing centre NSW). My nomination and application were submitted at different times, My employer nomination was submitted on 03/12/2015 and my visa application 13/03/2016. All my information on my application is on file so the case officer will have everything needed to make a decision on my application. I know the visa application takes 6 months from the date it is submitted, my question is, now my nomination has been approved will a case officer open my file to process my application even though my application has only been in since March or will I be waiting until the 6 months has passed from my application date until I hear anything ? Thanks !

Hi Everyone,

I'm am currently in the middle of my 186 process. My nomination was approved last Thursday 02/06/2016 (processing centre NSW). My nomination and application were submitted at different times, My employer nomination was submitted on 03/12/2015 and my visa application 13/03/2016. All my information on my application is on file so the case officer will have everything needed to make a decision on my application. I know the visa application takes 6 months from the date it is submitted, my question is, now my nomination has been approved will a case officer open my file to process my application even though my application has only been in since March or will I be waiting until the 6 months has passed from my application date until I hear anything ? Thanks !

I think they process individually and also it depends on allocation department.

Hi Everyone,

If you are Lucky the CO will be assigned any time after 3 month.

Your PCC should be valid (12 months from the DOI) when the CO open your file, So check your PCC and if it expires before SEP-2016, apply one immediately.

My PCC date of issue is mid February 2016 so it will expire February 2017.

I hope immi will open my file by then!!

hlo brother did u contacted immi even am waiting from 8 months no response yet.

I did and after 2months they requested another doc, they say they are processing

Visa applied 21/09

Nomination approved 03/05

Visa still waiting [emoji1430]

NSW PESE