First time post here -

Currently a 457 visa holder, applying for 186 transition stream, low risk.

Nomination submitted - 8 December 15 - "Application received"

Visa application submitted - 18 March 16 - "Application received"

Looks like I'm here for the long haul!

I am aware after they request docs it usually takes 28 plus few days to get a response but hours after hours mind thinks about the file and a lot of thoughts come to my mind. You think of time spent in Australia, you studied had good days in Uni you were happy and then you start stressing about finding the best employer or organisation to nourish your career then you get offered a sponsorship as Australia needs skilled personnel. Then mind says if they desperate for people why they torture people by making them wait for so long.

Completely understand humanitarian visas are and must be the priority however it also brings more risk to the nation. We all pay taxes and some amount of share goes towards their resettlement. Still say it's OK. But then again mind says we are less risk we will work God grace we won't go on centre link we will work to make ours and australias future better or at least contribute towards the growth.

Who knows few of us are upcoming entrepreneurs and will have a successful life.

The process should be made more faster so people can cherish the decision then mind says if it was given so easy you might not understand the meaning of hard life and might not push your limits.

You tend to become more religious and start to pray and think of God.

At then end of the day you say to yourself "don't worry very soon"

This is me and my mind talking to each other each day.

My boss is a gem who never gets sick of my stories. Or may be not in front of me lol

Edited by Jacobaug2016

no wonder you use such a biblical name :wink:

Yes I never thought about that lol I'm not too religious but do have a lot of sentiments towards it and I do pray every now and then. But tend to get full on situations like this. Lol. I tell God to forbid my mistakes n I'm sure he does.

Anyways feels good

I agree. My understanding of the situation is that while it isn't a visa condition, it is mean't to be an honorary agreement between the employer and employee. Both fully intend to be professionally associated at least for 2 years when applying for the visa. If escalated, it can cause problems with immigration. Always best to fulfil the 2 year requirement I guess

When you lodge the visa application form for this subclass you are required to declare that you agree to work in the nominated position for at least two years and understand that your visa may be cancelled if you provide false or misleading information. Basically, when you lodge this application you are declaring an intention to work of your sponsoring employer in your nominated position for at least two years from the date the visa is granted.

[h=2]What happens if I leave my employer without completing the 2 years?[/h]Once this visa is granted you have permanent residency rights and therefore have no enforceable obligation that prevents you from changing your employer or your role. Generally speaking the Department is unlikely to cancel your visa if you change employers unless you have provided false or misleading information in your visa application. It’s also important to keep in mind that both you and your employer must comply with applicable Australian workplace and employment laws.

Source - http://www.visaaustralia.com.au/employer-sponsored-visas/employer-sponsored-visas-can-i-leave-before-2-years/

Questions here. Why people launched application around last August and September got such a long time of waiting? but May and June applications got much short average processing time? Is it because May and June normally faster, and August and September normally take longer, or because of more restrict examine of COs so that all applicants have to wait such a long time (more than 6 month) in the future...

Thank you and have a nice day!

I think the Immigration Dept is getting more careful on the applicants that get residency in Australia. They become a lot stricter with what's happening around the world. I even read from an Immigration news that they will change the policy on the citizenship and even on taking the citizenship test, I think a bit harder.

Morning everyone.

Had the request from CO (via MA) for latest payslip for the nomination yesterday. The kicker is I had actually already sent it to the MA a few hours previously just in case and they hadn't attached it. Damn!

Does it usually take 28 days before being looked at again or just sometimes?

Edited by DownToTheWire

Morning everyone.

Had the request from CO (via MA) for latest payslip for the nomination yesterday. The kicker is I had actually already sent it to the MA a few hours previously just in case and they hadn't attached it. Damn!

Does it usually take 28 days before being looked at again or just sometimes?

What's your timeline DownToTheWire ? Completely depends on your CO. Some people have to wait 28+ days, some people get a response fairly quickly

Can anybody please tell me the contact number for immigration department.

I want to call them to check the status since my application has seen no updates yet.

Nom : 17Sep

Visa : 24Sep

same here, absolute e silence . Any body know what is reason for IMMI so slow lately?

Can anybody please tell me the contact number for immigration department.

I want to call them to check the status since my application has seen no updates yet.

Nom : 17Sep

Visa : 24Sep

I am not sure if we are allowed to give it here, but it is written in your Acknowledgement letter, it's in the bottom part of the letter.

If you are using a MA, you can ask them for your application reference number. Then you can use that number and import your application to your immi account.

Hello Yolanda, where can i login to check? i just got my reference number but the password from my MA...thanks!

i have submitted the doc on 10 Mar...its been 28 days since...the wait is killing me:arghh:

When you lodge the visa application form for this subclass you are required to declare that you agree to work in the nominated position for at least two years and understand that your visa may be cancelled if you provide false or misleading information. Basically, when you lodge this application you are declaring an intention to work of your sponsoring employer in your nominated position for at least two years from the date the visa is granted.

What happens if I leave my employer without completing the 2 years?

Once this visa is granted you have permanent residency rights and therefore have no enforceable obligation that prevents you from changing your employer or your role. Generally speaking the Department is unlikely to cancel your visa if you change employers unless you have provided false or misleading information in your visa application. It’s also important to keep in mind that both you and your employer must comply with applicable Australian workplace and employment laws.

Source - http://www.visaaustralia.com.au/employer-sponsored-visas/employer-sponsored-visas-can-i-leave-before-2-years/

There really is no rule in the PR grant that you cannot leave your employer after getting the PR. Probably some people really have a hard time dealing with their employers that they decide to leave after getting their grants. Or maybe a better opportunity came in that they cannot resist.

It depends really on the person, and on the circumstances. Personally, for me, I do not intend to leave my company and I want to stay as a form of gratitude to my company for bringing me here. But of course, that is just my personal reason.

@Sheila ask MA to call them, if u want. My opinion not to call coz no point, same ans everytime. May b I'm wrong. Since I applied never call immi or MA. coz everyone passing same problem, we will get the same ans from them...up to u now.

well, there's no reason to call Immi to check your visa application status before the 6 months mark but after that it's totally fine to call them and ask.

From an automated DIBP e-mail:

"Where your application is within the published service standard you will not receive a response with regards to status, progress or allocation enquiries."