What are the odds of July 9 applicants getting a visa before January 26? January 26 is when my FBI check expires and I am trying to figure out if I should get a new one. I never thought there would be a possibility that the visa would take this long...

What are the odds of July 9 applicants getting a visa before January 26? January 26 is when my FBI check expires and I am trying to figure out if I should get a new one. I never thought there would be a possibility that the visa would take this long...

I found Murphy's law really applies in Australia. Anything that can possibly go wrong, does. So you'd better prepare for worst case scenario.

In a likely case, we both should get it this week or max next but who knows what level of internal checks IMMI will do on our case.

I would also go with Murphy's Law!! The last thing you want is to have to wait an extra month after all the waiting you have done already!! For the sake of $42 I would order it and get it attached just in case. And it will put your mind at ease while the wait continues.

Hi All, I've been following here daily for a while watching the timeline of visa approvals and cant believe the time its taken to process June/ July.

Please can somebody advise, I'm in the precarious situation as my nom & visa submitted on October 21st, unfortunately my business closes its doors and I loose my job on February 3rd.

*What are the ramifications if I was to sit tight for a month or so and wait for my grant, therefor not informing immigration and hoping for the best?

* If I withdraw my application, I am then having start another 2 years with a different employer towards ENS... frustrating I know..., and If I was to withdraw does the monies submitted get refunded?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Unfortunately I think you take a fairly big risk if you sit tight. Both you and your employer are legally obligated to notify DIBP that your employment has ended. Since DIBP and ATO now have far closer links, it's quite likely DIBP would become aware of this and even if your 186 was granted, they could cancel it if they knew you got it fraudulently. I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent to see what options you may have (there are several good agents on this forum - look for usernames Raul Senise, WRussell and Alan Collett). If you're able to scramble together an independent visa application, that may give you another option. Good luck.

You should contact to any good Immigration Lawyer. Don't go to any Immigration Agent. I think that the lawyer can find some way for you. Don't worry everything will be fine and you will get your PR soon.

Thanks.

Actually, registered migration agents are typically better qualified than immigration lawyers. A registered migration agent must have first completed indepth training on immigration laws/regulations, policies and procedures. Immigration lawyers are often lawyers (so trained in general law) who have simply started working in the area of immigration. There are some immigration lawyers who are also registered migration agents, so these would be fine to use.

you are absolutely right but he is not wrong as back days it was easy to get migration agent license many of unreliable people has got license and doesn't know much about the immigration laws and regulations and has opened the offices. As I have seen & heard many of boys cases negative result and also visa refused just because of agents poor advised.

Hi Guys,

Very upsetting that my agent had screwed up. Instead of applying Ens 186 nomination , he applied rsms nomination for me. Come to this point I have no choice but to decide to apply my nomination and Ens 186 together off shore. Will come back Australia again once it's approve. Is there anyone applying off shore? Will there be any difference and disadvantage or so? Hope to hear some advise . Thanks in advance!

:arghh::arghh:What is wrong with Immi Dept first they tell maximum processing time is 6 months now they are telling 8 months.. Why they can't tell the truth.... so frustrating:arghh:

They did not said MAXIMUM.

They said 6 months

Moreover:

"We aim to decide 75% of visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category"

"We aim to process 75 per cent of applications within the timeframes detailed below. It should be noted that individual actual processing times will vary depending on a range of factors."

They did not said MAXIMUM.

They said 6 months

Moreover:

"We aim to decide 75% of visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category"

"We aim to process 75 per cent of applications within the timeframes detailed below. It should be noted that individual actual processing times will vary depending on a range of factors."

THEY(not I) did say MINIMUM 6 months over the phone!

Edited by chad714

Now, I am getting worried.. My overseas police check is expiring 1st week March, I hope I get my approval prior to that. :wacko:

I am not 100% sure but the documents that you attach to your aplication must be valid at the day of application lodgement. (I am sure that it applies to IELTS).

Can somebody help to confirm that?