Guest guest113165

I spoke with imm today 9:30 am regarding my application, after 1 hour I got result.

The officer told me today is open and next open will be Wednesday.

After requested any documents, he advised that most of the case will not open until 28 days is over.

So why it will take a long when it asked any further documents .

Hi everyone

I'm feel sorry who is in the que but I share good news today

My PR approved today 24 th of Dec 2015

Lodged 186 visa 29th of June

Document requested & submitted at 23rd of Nov

From QLD

NSW peace

Cafe Manager

I arrived australia 2007 after 8 years I got PR.

I hope everybody will get soon.

I wish and pray who is in the que, it's really taughf to wait in que..

@raselmirpur, I can understand from your words you have a humble start but yet you made it thru hard work and dedication to where you are at now. 8 years efforts is a non-trivial achievement that speaks for who you are. You are HERO to yourself and more importantly your family. Today is your day mate. Enjoy this long-waiting and well-deserved Xmas present with family! Your good life has just set out...

I've not really had much to comment so far on this thread, just taking a back seat and reading the comments. Congratulations to everyone who got granted their PR in the late Christmas influx. Hope everyone has a great Christmas, what an exiting year 2016 is going to be for the rest of us!

Edited by Ike
typo

In case i get few extra drinks in ill wish everyone merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all inclusive of your families . Stay happy n safe and enjoy party and meet your loved ones. Get re united with longs lost friends. Those who are angry at thier friends should call them and say hello . God bless

Guest guest113165
@raselmirpur, I can understand from your words you have a humble start but yet you made it thru hard work and dedication to where you are at now. 8 years efforts is a non-trivial achievement that speaks for who you are. You are HERO to yourself and more importantly your family. Today is your day mate. Enjoy this long-waiting and well-deserved Xmas present with family! Your good life has just set out...

Thanks @Chad for your nice advice, hopefully you will get soon.

Who is waiting in the Que, it's really tough & boring. But hopefully everybody will get soon.

Congrats who got their PR's today and wish best of luck to those who are waiting.I really fell it's not fair for not opening the file for another 28 days once all requested documents are uploaded.Just wondering if someone tried to contact CO straight away and asked CO to open the file again after uploading requested documents?

Guest guest113165
Congrats who got their PR's today and wish best of luck to those who are waiting.I really fell it's not fair for not opening the file for another 28 days once all requested documents are uploaded.Just wondering if someone tried to contact CO straight away and asked CO to open the file again after uploading requested documents?

I called CO two times, one is today and another was 2 weeks earlier. I called direct number Parramatta office.

Guest guest113165
I will try after holidays.What did your CO advise when you called 2 weeks ago?

Before 2 weeks ago, ladies replied that everything on the progress, nothing else. and also she told that " Do you know where you called...." i m afraid at that time.

Yesterday 1 gentle man replied me very nice and confidence manner, he expend me 10min time to talking with him. He was nice guy. He apologized several times to take file the longer by the way end of time he told me " You will definitely get result by today or Wednesday"

I was so pleased how he talking. My replied was " That's enough for me, ......"

Within 1 hour i got the result.

*** remember that phone number is not customer service, it's automatic handle CO office because both of dial answer within 2/3 min, and tone is not like receptionist......

Good luck everybody :)

I know this might have been a fluke but sons medical was uploaded on the 17th and then on the 24 my husband clicked the button that's said information provided and this came up with another box that said click to confirm information provide and then 45 mins later ours as approved. Our 28 days was not up until the 6 th Januray.

i am little confused guys please help me ........actually when i got 457 visa in 2013 sep .....i borrow 3000 dollars in dec 2013 from my owner and told him to deduct 100 dollars every week from my salary ...and he deducted 110 dollars for three months .....but in payslips i am getting proper salary ......will this thing will put affect on my file processing or not ....i am little bit nervous now ....but this thing only co will know if he will check my two years bank details ...i just want to know is it really big problem or not .....all the other things are proper like tax, super everything....please help me guys

i am little confused guys please help me ........actually when i got 457 visa in 2013 sep .....i borrow 3000 dollars in dec 2013 from my owner and told him to deduct 100 dollars every week from my salary ...and he deducted 110 dollars for three months .....but in payslips i am getting proper salary ......will this thing will put affect on my file processing or not ....i am little bit nervous now ....but this thing only co will know if he will check my two years bank details ...i just want to know is it really big problem or not .....all the other things are proper like tax, super everything....please help me guys

If you pay tax and super on the original amount, that's ok. I don't think it is a problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=2]National Public Holidays[/h][TABLE=class: table-100, width: 523]

[TR]

[TH]Date[/TH]

[TH]Holiday[/TH]

[TH]States/Territories[/TH]

[TH]Office/Contact Centre[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25 December 2015[/TD]

[TD]Christmas Day[/TD]

[TD]All States[/TD]

[TD]All offices in Australia closed[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28 December 2015[/TD]

[TD]Boxing Day[/TD]

[TD]All States[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29 December 2015[/TD]

[TD]APS Holiday[/TD]

[TD]All States[/TD]

[TD]All offices in Australia closed​[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]​​​1 January 2016[/TD]

[TD]New Year’s Day[/TD]

[TD]All States[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have a very important question.My MA said she will upload requested document and after that she will send an email to my CO to inform that we have uploaded the requested document.I'm just wondering is it really possible to send an email direct to your CO?

Hello Everyone,

Wish you a merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance.

I wanted to ask you a question in relation to Permanent residency 186 from 457.

I am currently on 457, and I got this visa in March 2013 My occupation is COOK

I recently came to know that my employer will be selling business by April 2015.

I was planning to apply for direct stream entry. And also I can convince the employer to stay till the grant of my PR.

The biggest hurdle I have is my SKILL ASSESSMENT. I dont have one, and if I apply now I dont know what is the procedure.

I checked VETASESS website, and they say that I have to go through technical interview followed by practical exam.

My humble question to you is does anyone know how does it work, specially technical interview and then Practical exam?

What kind of questions they ask in technical interview and how is the Practical exam?

Thank You

Regards

Hello Everyone,

Wish you a merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance.

I wanted to ask you a question in relation to Permanent residency 186 from 457.

I am currently on 457, and I got this visa in March 2013 My occupation is COOK

I recently came to know that my employer will be selling business by April 2015.

I was planning to apply for direct stream entry. And also I can convince the employer to stay till the grant of my PR.

The biggest hurdle I have is my SKILL ASSESSMENT. I dont have one, and if I apply now I dont know what is the procedure.

I checked VETASESS website, and they say that I have to go through technical interview followed by practical exam.

My humble question to you is does anyone know how does it work, specially technical interview and then Practical exam?

What kind of questions they ask in technical interview and how is the Practical exam?

Thank You

Regards

You may find that many in this thread have gone through the transition stream and therefore didn't need a skills assessment, but perhaps someone can answer. It may also be a good idea to check through any Vetassess threads you may find on the forum.

In case the new owner wishes to keep you on, they could transfer your 457 to them (they'd need to be/become a business sponsor and then lodge a nomination). You could then apply eventually under the transition stream after you've worked 2 years on a 457 visa (it's not 2 years from when it was granted). Depending on the situation, it's possible the time with your first employer may be counted towards this 2 years. I'd suggest you speak with an agent regarding that if you choose to look into this approach.

Hi guys i m new to this.

Me and my partner Apply applied 186visa after finishing 2 years 457 visa as cook.

we applied on 17th August 2015 ,both nomination and visa application same time.

So far we have not heard any thing yet,and we have not got CO yet and also we have not done medical yet.should we do it or wait atill CO ask for medical.

any idea how long it will take more to get?

thanks guys

Hi guys i m new to this.

Me and my partner Apply applied 186visa after finishing 2 years 457 visa as cook.

we applied on 17th August 2015 ,both nomination and visa application same time.

So far we have not heard any thing yet,and we have not got CO yet and also we have not done medical yet.should we do it or wait atill CO ask for medical.

any idea how long it will take more to get?

thanks guys

hello rickyballi...

as per my knowledge, you can start expecting your pr on 1st week of feb 2016... and medical is very important.. co will definitely ask for medical... if you guys do it before your file open.. then don't have to wait when you co ask for it and put you 28 days more waiting period....

these days average time period is around 6 months...

Edited by 13 july