Hi friend ,One of my frn has a question. He is planning to lodge the nomination but He is quite confuse, He got his 457 on 1st of November 2013 and started as a full time after one week of granting the visa. Now his question is can He lodge the nomination on 2nd of November 2015 or should He had to wait for another one week and lodge the nomination .

Hi friend ,One of my frn has a question. He is planning to lodge the nomination but He is quite confuse, He got his 457 on 1st of November 2013 and started as a full time after one week of granting the visa. Now his question is can He lodge the nomination on 2nd of November 2015 or should He had to wait for another one week and lodge the nomination .

I'm NOT a migration agent, but if he's applying via Temporary Residence Transition I would say wait. Has to be 2 year employment with the same company, in the same role, at the same location, NOT 2 years as a 457 visa holder.

I submitted my Permanent Employer Sponsored or Nominated Visa (186) before 2 years with my current company and before 4 years of my 457 was up. It took them so long to decide (4 months), that by the time the decision was made I'd been at the company just over 2 years while my 457 had a month left on it. I would say start your application if you are approaching 2 years with the same company.

Congrats!

Did they ask for some docs for your Visa?

The end of September the asked for ACPO criminal records check and medical info with a HAP ID. All that cost me about $350.

Had to order the records check from the UK so that took about 3 weeks. But once it was uploaded they made their decision within a week (and I have a minor criminal records from my misspent youth). So it was a very quick turn-around once they have the info.

The 2 years starts from his hire date, not from the date his 457 was granted.

The end of September the asked for ACPO criminal records check and medical info with a HAP ID. All that cost me about $350.

Had to order the records check from the UK so that took about 3 weeks. But once it was uploaded they made their decision within a week (and I have a minor criminal records from my misspent youth). So it was a very quick turn-around once they have the info.

Got it, enjoy, mate!

I submitted my Permanent Employer Sponsored or Nominated Visa (186) before 2 years with my current company and before 4 years of my 457 was up. It took them so long to decide (4 months), that by the time the decision was made I'd been at the company just over 2 years while my 457 had a month left on it. I would say start your application if you are approaching 2 years with the same company.

I believe there are a few occupations where the 2-year requirement does not apply, however for the vast majority of applicants the nomination would have rightly been refused if it was submitted before the 2 years of employment was up. The 2-years of employment at time of nomination/application is a requirement by legislation, so it's not a case officer discretion type of thing.

I think you have to count from 457 full time working start date onwards not from 457 grant date and also calculate leaves taken in this two years period.

Why do you copy and paste same question multiple times?

Are you sure you did Temporary Residence Transition, not Direct Entry?

Whats big deal if he waits for another week just to be on safer side. Its better to be on safer side than to be sorry and loosing money.

I hope you got your answer NOW.

For FYI immi calculates 2 years from the day you start job not from the day VISA 457 got approved. There are people who get 457 quickly while they serve notice period and relocate its already few months since the 457 was approved but they started some time later. In which case the day they start the job will be the date which will be counted.

Edited by JohnT

Whats your timeline?