I checked on other forum someone got visa granted today applied on 09/06 and another one who got granted on 15/09 applied on 11/06... How did all allocation done???

Possibly reason:

1) Top level occupation

2) Low risk country

3) handsome packages

4) required skill level

lastly, lucky fellows

etc....

for normal ppl like us have to wait 4 months waiting periods.

Possibly reason:

1) Top level occupation

2) Low risk country

3) handsome packages

4) required skill level

lastly, lucky fellows

etc....

for normal ppl like us have to wait 4 months waiting periods.

I understand HR/LR country can impact on timelines ... but why there would be any impact due to occupation/packages/skill level?

Don't forget too that when they started May there were still plenty of April ones left - it's probably just that a new batch have been allocated to the teams, and then it just depends where that particular team are with their workload.

Just hoping mine ends up with one of the teams that are further ahead, you just never know!

Is south africa a high risk country?

The terms 'Low risk' and 'High risk' show whether passport holders are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue ETA eligible passports. A list of these can be found on the department's website. High risk countries are those which are not ETA eligible.

[h=4]Eligible passports[/h]To apply, you must hold a passport issued by one of the countries or regions listed below. If you hold a non-citizen passport or other travel document, such as a Certificate of Identity, you are not eligible to apply for an ETA.

Eligible passports are issued by:

• Andorra

• Austria

• Belgium

• Brunei

• Canada

• Denmark

• Finland

• France

• Germany

• Greece

• Hong Kong (SAR of China)

• Iceland

• Ireland

• Italy

• Japan

• Liechtenstein

• Luxembourg

• Malaysia

• Malta

• Monaco

• Norway

• Portugal

• Republic of San Marino

• Singapore

• South Korea

• Spain

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• Taiwan*

• The Netherlands

• United Kingdom—British Citizen

• United Kingdom—British National (Overseas)

• United States

• Vatican City.

Hi everyone,

I was reading your conversation regarding Possibly reason:

1) Top level occupation

2) Low risk country

3) handsome packages

4) required skill level

I know I am a low risk country but how do I know the other requirements? how do I know if it's a top level occupation? but mostly what are handsome packages?

C

Hi everyone,

I was reading your conversation regarding Possibly reason:

1) Top level occupation

2) Low risk country

3) handsome packages

4) required skill level

I know I am a low risk country but how do I know the other requirements? how do I know if it's a top level occupation? but mostly what are handsome packages?

C

I wouldn't say top level but sector which requires people asap gets picked up fasted. industry who send the requirements to Australian industry group then AIG sends the requirements further to the govt. that's how they see. with high salary govt gets more taxes so hope that helps

Hi Kmodcoult,

I am pretty much in the same situation as your husband, however I've already finished my PhD.

Fingers crossed!

Nice to know we're not the only ones!

We have so much riding on this visa being granted soon. He had to take the job, because his scholarships were running out and then immigration would've been notified and our visa would've been cancelled. We've had to pay $6,500 for every extension, so we're at $13,000 this year so far, with another due by mid October...arrrrgghhhh! That, along with the visa and medicals, we have been hemorrhaging money this year. With 3 children under 6 (2 born during the PhD) we'll be lucky to get out of this with our sanity

:laugh:

It WILL be worth it and at least he has his dream job when this is all over