Check VEVO to see if the passport details on her 457 have been updated. If not, call DIBP to see if they can get it updated over the phone (they should be able to see the 929 and supporting documents in their system). 15 day should be enough time to get it sorted if it's not updated already.

Edit: It's not an issue to travel on the existing 457s, the issue will be that her valid passport doesn't have the 457 linked to it so you need to get that sorted.

Thanks Maggie, I checked Vevo and it's not updated unfortunately. I'm calling them now checking with them whether they can update their system.

I'll let you know.

Hi guys, thanks a million for your help. Our 457 visa will expire in November 2016 so I suppose we are fine to travel overseas. Please confirm as I'm freaking out now :)

I will send the form 929 to the case office we had for the 457 (still have his email address); in the meantime I'm waiting to talk to them over the phone. Better double check.

Too many problems!!!! getting stressed with all these paper work

You may want to check if you can travel in and out of Australia on your 457 as normal now that your application has been submitted as the comments I shared above, states you need to either contact your CO or apply for a Bridging visa B before you travel. Not really sure what this all means as I've not tried it, but just reading it you may need to contact them about travelling.

Also, according to the VEVO help and support page, processing time only takes 5 days (see extract below from their page), so the new passport changes should be ready before you intend to travel.

[h=3]How long does processing take?[/h]Registrations take approximately five working days to process. Online referral forms currently take approximately two working days to provide a response.

You may want to check if you can travel in and out of Australia on your 457 as normal now that your application has been submitted as the comments I shared above, states you need to either contact your CO or apply for a Bridging visa B before you travel. Not really sure what this all means as I've not tried it, but just reading it you may need to contact them about travelling.

Also, according to the VEVO help and support page, processing time only takes 5 days (see extract below from their page), so the new passport changes should be ready before you intend to travel.

[h=3]How long does processing take?[/h]Registrations take approximately five working days to process. Online referral forms currently take approximately two working days to provide a response.

As long as the 457 hasn't expired you are still on that visa until your application has granted , the bringing visa will only come on to affect when the current 457 expires.

As long as the 457 hasn't expired you are still on that visa until your application has granted , the bringing visa will only come on to affect when the current 457 expires.

Yep, that is correct R1ggers, however the Bridging Visa Grant that is issued at the time you lodge your visa application (even if your 457 has not yet expired), states that if your Temporary Business Visa (457) is still valid then you must either contact your CO or apply for a Bridging Visa B if you wish to travel overseas.

Yep, that is correct R1ggers, however the Bridging Visa Grant that is issued at the time you lodge your visa application (even if your 457 has not yet expired), states that if your Temporary Business Visa (457) is still valid then you must either contact your CO or apply for a Bridging Visa B if you wish to travel overseas.

Hey Mel07Mac, that's not true. As long as your 457 hasn't expired you are still allowed to travel in and out of Australia freely. I just came back from overseas last week with no problems at all.

I've travelled overseas twice since lodging my application and no issues. The bridging visa B is only needed if you are re-entering Australia once your 457 has expired as the Bridging visa A you get by default would not allow you to re-enter the country.

Hi guys,

first of all congratulation to Surya....you really deserve it!!!

I spoke to the department and I've been advised to open an immi account for my wife and upload her new passport with all the other documents. The process takes between 3 and 5 business days so it should be fine.

Regarding the visa they are going through March/April application (that's what I ve been told).

Hi guys,

first of all congratulation to Surya....you really deserve it!!!

I spoke to the department and I've been advised to open an immi account for my wife and upload her new passport with all the other documents. The process takes between 3 and 5 business days so it should be fine.

Regarding the visa they are going through March/April application (that's what I ve been told).

And yes I can travel overseas until November 2016 which is the expiry date of my 457.

Hey Mel07Mac, that's not true. As long as your 457 hasn't expired you are still allowed to travel in and out of Australia freely. I just came back from overseas last week with no problems at all.

Good to know, I'm just referring to what was said on my Bridging Visa Grant correspondence which talks about if your 457 is still valid.

I've travelled overseas twice since lodging my application and no issues. The bridging visa B is only needed if you are re-entering Australia once your 457 has expired as the Bridging visa A you get by default would not allow you to re-enter the country.

Thanks ChrisH1979! That makes more sense.

Told me it's ready to be finalised and it's scheduled to have a visa processing officer finalise it in the next few days. So just waiting for that to happen now.

Oh how exciting!!! Best of luck :) I'm so pissed for not listening to my gut, and lodge both Nom and Visa on the same day! I can't believe I'm right back in the queue!