Also,

I would like to seek your advice in my case.

I have been on visa 457 over 2 years. In the last 2 years, my company hardly paid anything for externer training. However, we conduct many internal trainings for new staff and for the purpose of launching new products. Also, as we work in a technology industry, these trainings are necessary to keep our staff updated with changes. Recently, my MA advised me to include internal training costs to meet training requirements for ens 186. I have lodged my application but now i am concerned that it may get rejected as my company didn't pay for actual external training.

Has anyone experienced the same situation and can give me some advice on it? i feel a bit frustrated now.

Btw, my occupation is management accoutant.

Thanks.

Also,

I would like to seek your advice in my case.

I have been on visa 457 over 2 years. In the last 2 years, my company hardly paid anything for externer training. However, we conduct many internal trainings for new staff and for the purpose of launching new products. Also, as we work in a technology industry, these trainings are necessary to keep our staff updated with changes. Recently, my MA advised me to include internal training costs to meet training requirements for ens 186. I have lodged my application but now i am concerned that it may get rejected as my company didn't pay for actual external training.

Has anyone experienced the same situation and can give me some advice on it? i feel a bit frustrated now.

Btw, my occupation is management accoutant.

Thanks.

Suzy,

Did you apply through MA? If you did I would expect that they would have checked this to see if there were any potential issues.

I am in the process of getting my employer to nominate me through a MA, through temporary resident transition stream. On the questionnaire that the agency have sent my employer there is a sentence that says "If you are applgying through direct entry you need to supply evidence of the expenditure of training" I thought it was required.

For me I'm nervous about this as we are a large international corporation and I know that HR are struggling to pull all the training figure together.

Even my application is showing "Assessment in progress" since yesterday. Was asked for extra info yesterday.

Application lodged on 3rd December '14.

Hey buddy I lodged my visa on Dec.3. 14 also.my CO asked for extra info too on 18th April.My immi. acct. says {information requested}.What info are they asking you to provide if you dont mind?

Hey buddy I lodged my visa on Dec.3. 14 also.my CO asked for extra info too on 18th April.My immi. acct. says {information requested}.What info are they asking you to provide if you dont mind?

WA Immi department asked whole checklist as they couldn't see any of the documents my MA upload, later on i called up to immi and asked when was the last time they received the documents for nomination and i found my stupid MA did mistake. he might forgot to submit nomination documents but he did both the file on same day and visa documents submitted so i guess on that benefit of doubt immi asked us to re-send the documents for nomination. my 28 days finished last week, i hope will get my grant soon

hi Websie, what's going on with WA department... its been so long you waiting, any updates from their end?

Hi Vishal, no not heard anything and when I call I'm told "we are assessing your file and can not give you a time frame of when this will be done"

It's frustrating when the newer ones get processed but I'm sure we will both hear soon.

Hi Vishal, no not heard anything and when I call I'm told "we are assessing your file and can not give you a time frame of when this will be done"

It's frustrating when the newer ones get processed but I'm sure we will both hear soon.

Hi Websie, If you don't mind can you please tell me which team your case handling because mine one team6.

MY nomination lodged on 06/11/14

Visa application lodged on 13/03/15

medicals:pending

Requested doc for nomination 7th April

....still waiting .....

Hi,

Let's clear some air regarding change in immi status over the weekend.

This is what immi released:

[h=3]New application statuses[/h]The status of In Progress is being retired and three new statuses introduced.

• Application Received – indicating your application has been successfully submitted and will be assessed within advertised application processing timeframes.
  • Information Requested – indicating an immigration officer has assessed the application and found that more information is required, so they have requested that you provide further evidence in support of the application.
  • Assessment in Progress – You have provided all the requested information. We might proceed to make a decision on your application. We could also ask you for further information. In this case, the status will return to Information requested.

Link to immi info - http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/resources/immiaccount-enhancements/

My 186 lodged 12/12/2015 - immi status - "Assessment in Progress"

Hi Websie, If you don't mind can you please tell me which team your case handling because mine one team6.

....still waiting .....

Hi Sam

Team 6 belongs to which Immi office? Mine is Team 7 Perth WA

Hi Pj,

yes, i applied through MA. They have checked everything before they lodged and have shown me a successful case with internal training costs. However, my MA also said there may be a chance DIAC doesn't accept my internal training costs. It really confuses me with what they said :(. that's why i wanted to ask anyone else here was successful in proving training requirements using internal training?

Well, as you work for a big firm, i guess you should not worry too much. Normally, big firms they have proper training programs and systems. Also, accountants can pick up the training costs right away from audited financial statements. It might be an issue if it doesn't cover 1% of their total payroll. Then, there will be more work to do.

I would suggest you to work closely with MA and your company's accountants in preparing and checking all documents before lodging. Luckily, as i am working as management accountant, i am in charge in all our financials and was the only one preparing my paperwork and make sure it is correct before submitting. However, still not sure about internal training.

....still waiting .....

Hi Sam, I'm not sure which team is handling my case, the request for more information didn't include a team number.

Hi Pj,

yes, i applied through MA. They have checked everything before they lodged and have shown me a successful case with internal training costs. However, my MA also said there may be a chance DIAC doesn't accept my internal training costs. It really confuses me with what they said :(. that's why i wanted to ask anyone else here was successful in proving training requirements using internal training?

Well, as you work for a big firm, i guess you should not worry too much. Normally, big firms they have proper training programs and systems. Also, accountants can pick up the training costs right away from audited financial statements. It might be an issue if it doesn't cover 1% of their total payroll. Then, there will be more work to do.

I would suggest you to work closely with MA and your company's accountants in preparing and checking all documents before lodging. Luckily, as i am working as management accountant, i am in charge in all our financials and was the only one preparing my paperwork and make sure it is correct before submitting. However, still not sure about internal training.

I think it depends on what the internal training is. E.g. if you have a designated trainer whom you pay wages then I think that is ok. You could also claim for room rental etc. I don't think you can include staff wages while they were training.

I think it depends on what the internal training is. E.g. if you have a designated trainer whom you pay wages then I think that is ok. You could also claim for room rental etc. I don't think you can include staff wages while they were training.

Well, from what MA advised me, i did include wages for senior staff trainer like our CEO, business development manager,Chief techinal officer .... but did not include wages of staff who were attending the training. I am not sure if it is acceptable :(