Just spoke with my agent.

She has called DIBP and they have confirmed that my file is now eligible for review (28 days since they requested more info) but they could give no time frame as to when this would actually happen.

Oh well, I just have to keep playing the waiting game a bit longer I suppose.

Hi any one know how long DIBP take a time after 28 days because my one more then 40 days but still

no response ...any ideas....

DIBP couldn't even tell my agent how long. The processing system is new and until it's been running a while timeframes will be purely guesswork I'm afraid.

Hi Websie,

Did they tell you the reason of delay to your application? Mine is approaching 6 months now and no reason has been given by either my MA or immi. I e-mailed them twice this year and they just shoot off a standard reply. Frustration is paramount! I know a few people are approaching 6 months, mainly those applied in First/Second week of Sept2014… Anyone got any other info?

Hi Websie,

Did they tell you the reason of delay to your application? Mine is approaching 6 months now and no reason has been given by either my MA or immi. I e-mailed them twice this year and they just shoot off a standard reply. Frustration is paramount! I know a few people are approaching 6 months, mainly those applied in First/Second week of Sept2014… Anyone got any other info?

I knew there would be problems with my application and it would take longer than most. It's just unfortunate that they changed the way they process the applications that require extra information right when mine was due a decision. It is so very frustrating. I had a case officer only to be put back in the pool waiting to be allocated a new case officer.

What centre is your application being processed at? Has your MA tried to call them. My MA is good and does call them when my stress levels get too high!

If you look at the timeline that Byron created you can see that grant times are getting longer for everyone. Just got to sit tight I think.

Do we usually have to wait for another 28 days after the Department asked for additional information? I completed a new medical examination last week and although the online account says "medical has been finalised" now but I still havent heard anything from the department... I sure hope it wont take another 28 days until they re-look at my case again!

Do we usually have to wait for another 28 days after the Department asked for additional information? I completed a new medical examination last week and although the online account says "medical has been finalised" now but I still havent heard anything from the department... I sure hope it wont take another 28 days until they re-look at my case again!

My MA was told that 28 days after the request for more information the case becomes eligible to be reviewed again but couldn't give a timeframe of how long after the 28 days it would be reviewed.

I did see one grant go through the day after the extra docs were submitted but that could have been a one-off.

So frustrating!

I knew there would be problems with my application and it would take longer than most. It's just unfortunate that they changed the way they process the applications that require extra information right when mine was due a decision. It is so very frustrating. I had a case officer only to be put back in the pool waiting to be allocated a new case officer.

What centre is your application being processed at? Has your MA tried to call them. My MA is good and does call them when my stress levels get too high!

If you look at the timeline that Byron created you can see that grant times are getting longer for everyone. Just got to sit tight I think.

Thanks Websie,

My MA doesn't know anything re processing center/team, he did sent an email to immi for which he got standard reply. I have 2 questions,

First one, initially I was about to apply for 186 transition stream and got medical referral letter from immi account, after that I changed over my job on 457 and actually applied to 186 Direct entry. However i used the same referral letter generated for 186 Transition stream. My MA said its ok, but now when I ask him to confirm that medical results are uploaded to my application he said confirm from the company who did your medical! Can there be any issue with the above? I checked my medicals on http://www.emedical.immi.gov.au and it says results have been sent to DIBP but to which TRN, doesn't say anything?

Secondly, Who created the PR system in Aus? I got my UK PR in just 4hrs!!! yes 4hrs only....

Any help?

I think its depend on caseofficer, my one was asked on 4 th feb and my Ma submitted 1 hr after. He told me a same thing like it gona be review by different case officer after 28 days. But i got grant next day with different caseofficer from differnt state. Its all depends how they took our case.you will get soon and best of luck.

Hey Websie, I can understand what you're going through. Having surpassed the timeline of min 180 days for the PR grant it is actually painful just to sit and wait to get a PR. I just hope & pray that you and other fellow members get their PR asap.

I believe there should be a little more transparency in the Immi portal and list of the application, whether the applications are reviewed on FIFO basis or what. Lots of uncertainties...and no other option just to wait. My MA told me to wait till 6 months.. He infact told me while applying that the visa application process may take 6 months or more, i am expecting it to be clear before the average clearance days goes beyond 180 days.

Thanks Websie,

My MA doesn't know anything re processing center/team, he did sent an email to immi for which he got standard reply. I have 2 questions,

First one, initially I was about to apply for 186 transition stream and got medical referral letter from immi account, after that I changed over my job on 457 and actually applied to 186 Direct entry. However i used the same referral letter generated for 186 Transition stream. My MA said its ok, but now when I ask him to confirm that medical results are uploaded to my application he said confirm from the company who did your medical! Can there be any issue with the above? I checked my medicals on www.emedical.immi.gov.au and it says results have been sent to DIBP but to which TRN, doesn't say anything?

Secondly, Who created the PR system in Aus? I got my UK PR in just 4hrs!!! yes 4hrs only....

Any help?

Hi there

I'm not sure about your first question but my medicals were requested on 19th Nov 2014 and completed on 12th Dec 2014. Although my immiaccount says medicals have been finalised they are still showing as requested rather than received.

As for your second question one couldn't even begin to imagine who could create such a system then constantly change that system and yet still cause confusion.

4 hours, now that's impressive!

My MA was told that 28 days after the request for more information the case becomes eligible to be reviewed again but couldn't give a timeframe of how long after the 28 days it would be reviewed.

I did see one grant go through the day after the extra docs were submitted but that could have been a one-off.

So frustrating!

Bugger!! This is so frustrating! I guess it is 28 working days? Argh what difference does it make anyways, gonna be at least another month's wait! The whole PR system here is a bloody joke.

Bugger!! This is so frustrating! I guess it is 28 working days? Argh what difference does it make anyways, gonna be at least another month's wait! The whole PR system here is a bloody joke.

DIBP confirmed my file was eligible for review after 28 days, not 28 working days.

You could be lucky and get yours reviewed before then. Where is yours being processed? Mine is Perth.

DIBP confirmed my file was eligible for review after 28 days, not 28 working days.

You could be lucky and get yours reviewed before then. Where is yours being processed? Mine is Perth.

Thanks Websie I sure hope so, lets keep our hopes up. I think mine is processed in NSW.

I have to agree with you Megan...

I have a comparable timeline to yours...with nomination approved long long ago...but it does not seem to matter at all;

However, I could not see in the timeline that DIBP has requested to provide more info...was that the case?

I have to agree with you Megan...

I have a comparable timeline to yours...with nomination approved long long ago...but it does not seem to matter at all;

However, I could not see in the timeline that DIBP has requested to provide more info...was that the case?

Hi Korf7, hope we can both get our pr soon. I was requested for new medical examination on 9th Feb (which is finalised now),

Guest harry007
Pretty sure you read it wrong. It's two different people.

Hi Matt I have read it right and I have mention both the name in second message. I apologise for the first one. I didn't able to edit the first one that's why I have copy and paste again and edit few things.