Hi korf7 I've shared my time line couple of times before n have been checking this forum almost everyday I also realise the same. I'm sharing my time line again..

Nomination and visa application: 24th sept 2014( 457 to 186 via migration agent, cession ready)

Haven't heard anything since then except 2 field which says received...1 on 28th of sept and 2 on 4th of October 2014

Hope it will help

Hi korf7 I've shared my time line couple of times before n have been checking this forum almost everyday I also realise the same. I'm sharing my time line again..

Nomination and visa application: 24th sept 2014( 457 to 186 via migration agent, decision ready)

Haven't heard anything since then except 2 field which says received...1 on 28th of sept and 2 on 4th of October 2014

Hope it will help

im doing my ENS on my own not through a MA. Am I right in thinking I submit the employer nomination first and once that's approved then I apply for the visa ?

im getting all my medicals and police checks done now so they are ready. can apply after 2 years with current employer on 18th feb. Hope it doesn't take too long! thanks

Got to know about the site recently. Nomination & Application 30th september. Got acknowledgement on 31st dec. Does that mean a CO is assigned?

Hi Liza123,

I got acknowledgement letter 2 days after I lodged my nomination and visa application.

Have u received acknowledgement letter before? What's the content of the acknowledgement?

Hi Liza123,

I got acknowledgement letter 2 days after I lodged my nomination and visa application.

Have u received acknowledgement letter before? What's the content of the acknowledgement?

I also received my acknowledgement letter straight away. After about 3 weeks some of the required documents changed to received although this still did not mean I have a case officer.

I also received my acknowledgement letter straight away. After about 3 weeks some of the required documents changed to received although this still did not mean I have a case officer.

Yes, I think acknowledgment letter doesn't mean any thing. I'm just wondering if I lodged my application on Otc but received acknowledgment letter on Nov, I'm the Oct applicant or Nov applicant?

Hi all,

will be applying for 186 next month, 457 transitional stream,.......my employers sbs approval(standard business sponsorship approval)will be expiring in a few months,think april 2015,he doesnt want to renew it because he doesnt intend on sponsoring anybody this year.

My quetion is ,does his sbs approval need to be renewed and active for my 186 application to be successful ??

could someone please answer this query,thanx.

Hi all,

will be applying for 186 next month, 457 transitional stream,.......my employers sbs approval(standard business sponsorship approval)will be expiring in a few months,think april 2015,he doesnt want to renew it because he doesnt intend on sponsoring anybody this year.

My quetion is ,does his sbs approval need to be renewed and active for my 186 application to be successful ??

could someone please answer this query,thanx.[/quote

you don't necessarily need to have SBS approval for the 186 visa. So don't worry mate. SBS approval is needed only for the 457 visa. Good on you.

Hi all,

Hi Jim

The IMMI site says:

The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa programme.

The statement nomination by an "approved" employer would imply that the employer needs to have SBS approval, however as your employer will have it at time of application but not at the time of approval - it would be best to call IMMI and clarify - as else you have the risk of losing the application fee.

Cheers

Hi all,

Hi mate it doesn"t make difference my one expired on july but i lodged 186 on 8th august and got approved on 24 november.sba approvable need only for 457 nomination not for 186 . But your employee will have to demonstrare training, company financial leased agrement and process is exactly like sba approvle for ur 186 nomination. Hope it helps anf before lodged make sure he is happy to give those documents and best of luck.

Edited by Sam6

Hi mate it doesn"t make difference my one expired on july but i lodged 186 on 8th august and got approved on 24 november.sba approvable need only for 457 nomination not for 186 . But your employee will have to demonstrare training, company financial leased agrement and process is exactly like sba approvle for ur 186 nomination. Hope it helps anf before lodged make sure he is happy to give those documents and best of luck.

Hi Sam6,

I will finish my two years on 457 and next month my employer will apply for 186 nomination part.He is happy to give all documents, can you please tell me that what is company financial leased agreement ? Thank you.

Hi Sam6,

I will finish my two years on 457 and next month my employer will apply for 186 nomination part.He is happy to give all documents, can you please tell me that what is company financial leased agreement ? Thank you.

Documents like

company financial include BAs,ptofit and loss and balancesheet.

training expenditure either 1%of pAyroll or 2%.

Company house leased .

some like that u will find require checklistt on http://www.immi.gov.au.

thank you and my sugesstion used MA.don"t risk it doing ourselfs.

Nomination was lodged: 28/08/2014 - no news

Visa not lodged didn't want to risk the $$

I just found this forum and must say it has given me some relief and I don't think my employer's MA is lying anymore! Recently told when I followed up:

"DIBP even circulated an email about the ad-hoc nature of processing, telling agents not to follow up applications from Aug/Sep on the basis ones lodged in Oct had been approved out of order. Of our cases, most from August have already been approved in Dec, but there were a bunch of nominations lodged in early Sep that are also still pending."

She thinks I should get response this month -hopefully....