Hi all,

Been following this form silently for a while and thought I might share my timeline as well. My subclass is 187 by the way, however our thread is not so active unfortunately and I believe there isn't much time difference in between anyway.

Nom lodged: 05/06/2014

Nom approved: 14/08/2014

Visa lodged: 19/09/2014

Visa grant: Still waiting and it's killing me!! haha

It's great to read these all, you guys have been a great support to me :)

I also have another question. Does anyone know whether I can leave the company that I've been working for as soon as I get the PR? I know it would not be the best ideally, however what if they make my position redundant etc.? Something out of my control.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all,

Been following this form silently for a while and thought I might share my timeline as well. My subclass is 187 by the way, however our thread is not so active unfortunately and I believe there isn't much time difference in between anyway.

I also have another question. Does anyone know whether I can leave the company that I've been working for as soon as I get the PR? I know it would not be the best ideally, however what if they make my position redundant etc.? Something out of my control.

There is no condition attached to a 186 visa that requires you to stay with the sponsoring employer or to work in your nominated occupation. That said, if you were to leave as soon as getting the visa, and if the company chose to make a complaint to DIBP, it could conceivably be found that you didn't apply for the visa in good faith and who knows what could happen then. If on the other hand, the position were to be made redundant or you parted ways amicably, you would be free to move on and work for any other employer.

There is no condition attached to a 186 visa that requires you to stay with the sponsoring employer or to work in your nominated occupation. That said, if you were to leave as soon as getting the visa, and if the company chose to make a complaint to DIBP, it could conceivably be found that you didn't apply for the visa in good faith and who knows what could happen then. If on the other hand, the position were to be made redundant or you parted ways amicably, you would be free to move on and work for any other employer.

Thanks very much for your prompt reply Ozmaniac.

Would the same thing be applied for RSMS 187 Subclass as well?

Hi all,

hi Brad

187 visa have hidden confition as migration act and section 137Q gives the Department the power to cancel the permanent residency that you obtained through RSMS. The section itself is relatively straight forward and states that permanent residency granted under the RSMS pathway cancelled if visa holder leave employer and regional. It is better to work 2 years. Cheers

hi Brad

187 visa have hidden confition as migration act and section 137Q gives the Department the power to cancel the permanent residency that you obtained through RSMS. The section itself is relatively straight forward and states that permanent residency granted under the RSMS pathway cancelled if visa holder leave employer and regional. It is better to work 2 years. Cheers

Hi Suk,

Thanks for the reply, but what would happen if the company conditions change. They may not be able to afford my position as they are planning to downsize or they might even shut down in a few months. Would it affect my visa as this is not something I can control?

I believe it is a condition of the 187 visa to remain with your employer for 2 years or DIBP can cancel your visa. If you're made redundant, I think it's different since it wasn't your choice. But you can't simply up and quit within 2 years like you can with a 186 visa.

Thanks very much for your prompt reply Ozmaniac.

A 187 DOES have a condition that you stay with your employer for 2 years after the visa grant so it's much stricter and less flexible. There are several threads on here that discuss whether there are circumstances where you can leave a 187 sponsor before the 2 years is up but basically, you could be liable for visa cancellation if you can't demonstrate that you gave it a go. If you lost the job due to something completely outside your control, you would probably be expected to at least keep working in the regional area for the first two years.

hi guys!

just found this site and saw a lot good information thanks for sharing!

I have lodged my Nomination & 186(from 457 to 186, worked for 3.5 years already) on 02/07/2014

but haven't heard ANYTHING ever since that.

I called my MA last week to have a follow up for me and they still have not come back to me..

Since it has been more than 4 months we start to worried a bit as i know someone who lodged applications approx 2wks later than us but got their PR granted last week....

BTW is there any other way i can check the status of my application by myself??

Thank you all and all the best!

Edited by belathehusky

hi guys!

just found this site and saw a lot good information thanks for sharing!

I have lodged my Nomination & 186(from 457 to 186, worked for 3.5 years already) on 02/07/2014

but haven't hear ANYTHING ever since that.

I called my MA last week to have a follow up for me and they still have not come back to me..

Since it has been more than 4 months we start to worried a bit as i know someone who lodged applications approx 2wks later than us but got PR PR granted last week....

BTW is there any other way i can check the status of my application by myself??

Thank you all and all the best!

Hi ! You can create immi account, using your passport number and TRN number or File number ( u can see this on your acknowledgement form when u submitted your application)

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/immiaccount.aspx

Edited by Belle14

Hi guys,

I've been using this thread for information for a while now, the wider forums for even longer, and thought that with July/ August visa's now being granted it was time I contribute too!

My application went in on 25/08/14 decision ready and medicals completed under the Temporary Residence Transition stream. Here's hoping for PR before Christmas!

Hi Suk,

Thanks for the reply, but what would happen if the company conditions change. They may not be able to afford my position as they are planning to downsize or they might even shut down in a few months. Would it affect my visa as this is not something I can control?

I think unless your employer didn"t make any report to DIPB ,you will be fine

thanks belle..

its showing as "in progress" and last updated was 02/07/2014....

which means basically no one has ever touched my application yet..

Hi Bela, it's unlikely nobody has looked at it yet, I would imagine it is in the hands of a CO now, if all is well with the application (ie. Decision ready) it's a strong possibility you won't hear anything at all and it'll go from processing straight to granted.