Our MA lodged our nomination n application 11th May 2014

CO request additional documents for nomination by 25 July and Form80 by 1st of Aug

MA send all the requested docs to CO 22nd Aug

total 120 days gone.

waiting n waiting ......................

Hi All,

Quick timeline update:

Employer Nomination 21 May 2014

Medicals complete 10 June 2014

Visa Application 19 June 2014 (with medicals, Form 80 and all other supporting info)

CO Requests further information from employer 29 August 2014

Information send to CO 08 September 2014

Does anyone know if requesting further info at the nomination stage is common practise? They require info like job title, salary, job description and skills required.

Should I be worried because so many 186'ers have had no requests for more information? EEK!

We hand our nomination submitted last week of June

Application submitted 15th July

Medicals 25 July

Medicals finalized 1 week of Aug

Not a peep from immi

From what I have read, they seem to be approving around the 2-3 month mark. Fingers crossed for both out applications!

Well that's another week over, another week closer :)

question for everyone, what is the biggest difference your PR will make to your life? Be it finally being able to book flights or telling your 457 sponsor to stick it, spill it! For us, the big difference will be not having to pay the new fees for school in wa, from next year it will be $6000 per year for the two kids, really glad we will be avoiding that!

Interesting question.. Think a lot of people are doing it for the school fees! I'd like to move states but think I'll stay put as scared of not finding a decent job elsewhere.. Other than that the only difference for us is we bought a new car lol better finance!

Is there something unique in your situation that you need to off shore when you apply? As this isn't typically required.

yes my initial visa was rejected by the minister and MRT so my work has decided to sponsor me now.lets hope this time around i don't have any troubles

We hand our nomination submitted last week of June

Application submitted 15th July

Medicals 25 July

Medicals finalized 1 week of Aug

Not a peep from immi

they were processing the applications that were lodged in June. I believe you will get some response by the end of this month.

Interesting question.. Think a lot of people are doing it for the school fees! I'd like to move states but think I'll stay put as scared of not finding a decent job elsewhere.. Other than that the only difference for us is we bought a new car lol better finance!

For us, we will have the option to get a cheaper private insurance plus benefits from Centerlink which we cant have under 457Visa!

Some good news:

Email Updated on 10 September 2014

Please note that we are currently allocating ENS and RSMS applications that were lodged at the end of June 2014.

OH HELLS YESH MOFOS!! That's what I wanted to hear this morning!

Good to hear from from you sikofbrit, how's life on the otherside? We'll deffo be buying a new car ASAP, since we sold our old one to pay for the visa! I'm also waiting for my pr to apply for uni. I did the stat test a few weeks ago and I got a good mark, so I just need my visa now!

This is time next week maybe.......

davidexpat, do you know what processing centre is taking care of you? I believe Victoria is having some delays.

Well, I haven't heard anything back, and my application was submitted in May....

Nomination was approved a month ago. Sent them an email and got no reply.

If you just email to ask for a progress update, they wouldn't reply especially it's in still within the services standard 5-7 months...

Well, I haven't heard anything back, and my application was submitted in May....

Nomination was approved a month ago. Sent them an email and got no reply.

Hi Davidexpat,

Did you put in your nomination and visa application together on the same date or in separately? My MA suggested putting it together to avoid delays. Hopefully you should be gettign it soon...

My nomination went in on 12/05

My visa went in 10 days later, 22/05

I don't know which center is processing my visa, as the last update date on my application is still the date I submitted it. My nomination approval email was sent out by VIC.

I know applications have different time lines. But it's a little frustrated knowing that they process some later applications quicker. We are all "buying" their processing service at the same price, right?

My nomination went in on 12/05

My visa went in 10 days later, 22/05

I don't know which center is processing my visa, as the last update date on my application is still the date I submitted it. My nomination approval email was sent out by VIC.

I know applications have different time lines. But it's a little frustrated knowing that they process some later applications quicker. We are all "buying" their processing service at the same price, right?

Check your LinkedIn profile to see if anyone from India (for example) has viewed your profile recently. Mine never gets viewed but was viewed by an unknown person just prior to getting the visa granted.

OH HELLS YESH MOFOS!! That's what I wanted to hear this morning!

Good to hear from from you sikofbrit, how's life on the otherside? We'll deffo be buying a new car ASAP, since we sold our old one to pay for the visa! I'm also waiting for my pr to apply for uni. I did the stat test a few weeks ago and I got a good mark, so I just need my visa now!

This is time next week maybe.......

davidexpat, do you know what processing centre is taking care of you? I believe Victoria is having some delays.

You don't actually realise how much your life is on hold until you get thT pr! Sometimes I find myself just having a little smirk to myself.. Now the mammoth task of saving a deposit for a mortgage!