Cyclone Debbie

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Please everyone, pray for those in the path of Cyclone Debbie. They say it may intensify to a Cat 5 before reaching landfall. The last cyclone close to this strength was Yasi and I remember the devastation it caused. Poor Cardwell have only just finished rebuilding their foreshore and it's beautiful.

I know we have a few members in Townsville and Mackay, my son and best friend BobJ included. 

I was due for an op in Townsville but Virgin have cancelled my flight this evening.

Here is the last forecast path. Please note that this swaps and changes all the time and no one can guarantee where it hits only that devastation and destruction lies in her path.

IMG_2276.PNG.869a04750b11b7f99a659646e599aa65.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen
10 hours ago, Bobj said:

Odd Spot...Had a bloke on another forum state that the cyclone 'wasn't much'. He lives in Brissie. Err, a pommy...

I have invited him to stay at our place when the next cyclone comes our way!

Cheers, Bobj.

That always gets me. It's a case of if it's not happening in their backyard they don't care. Anything that happens North of Brisbane usually gets forgot. I'm sure if Debbie had hit Brisbane he would have thought different 

10 hours ago, Bobj said:

Odd Spot...Had a bloke on another forum state that the cyclone 'wasn't much'. He lives in Brissie. Err, a pommy...

I have invited him to stay at our place when the next cyclone comes our way!

Cheers, Bobj.

In fairness (not knowing how the topic was running on the other forum) he is correct, Brisbane did not even get the cyclone and the rain it received was not that great either, had more in just a single short storm. however the volume of rain over the greater SE corner was without doubt massive with river catchments south of Brisbane greatly inundated whereas the Brisbane river would have looked like only that someone had a pee, the opposite applied in the 2011 Brisbane floods, which at that time (and this too) people were calling to see if we were ok and we told them that we only know what's reported on the news as it had not even rained at our place.

Saddened at the deaths associated with Debbie and hope that everyone affected fairs well quickly, including you and yours Bobj.

• Like 1