Driving ban worries!

klr81

Hello! So 18 years when my husband was 21, he got done for drink driving and got a 12 month ban. He was told at the time it would be on his driving license for 5 years but not on his record. However we were concerned about this so declared it on our 189 visa app. I have no idea until PCC comes back if it will show up or not. I have uploaded all the evidence documents I had whilst waiting for a case officer and today was contacted by a Brisbane e-mail address asking for our medicals and police clearance forms as well as a character statutory declaration form for my husband. We have to put the circumstances of the offence. My husband can remember the month and year of the incident and court case and that he received a 1 year ban but not much else with it being 18 years ago. The offence code has also gone from his licence as it was so long ago! There was no sentence or suspended sentence or even a fine. I'm really worried that it will mess things up though! Has anybody got any similar circumstances?

Edited by klr81

Guest The Pom Queen
Thank you so much for the reassurance! I thought as much but I guess when you get this close to potentially getting your PR, you're convinced something will mess it up!

Yes it is always a worry, I remember it well, I worried about them refusing us all the time and we had sold our house without the visa approval so we were even more concerned. I look forward to you posting your visa approval when the time comes. ?

As I keep saying: 'as long as it's declared at the beginning'.

Never fails to amaze me what people 'forget' to tell me. A 'forgotten' gun conviction is one example.

Regards,

Richard

ha ha. Yeah sure they forgot that one!

When we applied my ex husband has been banned for three years for overstaying his visa by 10 months. The manchunian in him wanted to leave it off. I insisted that we declare it and just tell the truth. That he was young, met me and didn't want to go home lol. All was well. Honesty certainly is the best policy when it comes to immigration.