Booking a stopover in Singapore

Dugong

Hi

Just looking at Singapore airlines website and noticed great offer for stopovers.

I think I may be having a :goofy: moment as not sure how to go about booking.

Do you book in two separate stages from Manch to Sing then Sing to Brisb or just one booking from Manch to Brisbane then add in your stopover?!?!?!

Thankyou for any advice!!

A confused Dugong

hi,

I Think When You Go To Singapore Airlines Website It Gives You An Option To Create Your Own Itenary, (button On The Left) This Gives You The Option To Add In Extra Stopovers Etc. Hope I Am Right. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

Yep The Site Gives You Option Of Stopovers /multi Cities And Allows You Up To 6

Mrs Keily

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

Also we were allowed to check our luggage straight through from Manchester but if you are stopping longer than 24hours (I think) you have to pick up luggage from Singapore and then re book in again for the 2nd journey. We used Singapore Airlines they allowed us 40k but as Mike said they probably won't allow this if your breaking the journey. You could always stay at the Transit Hotel at the airport. We did this and it was the best thing we ever did. You book in 6 hour blocks so we took out a block and slept for 5.5hours and then got up had a shower and got refreshed and then off around the airport for lots of shopping. They have a swimming pool and also do free trips around Singapore but all we wanted to do was sleep.:SLEEP:

The price for a 6hour block is approx 24gbp (sorry don't have pound sign) The web address is: Ambassador Transit Hotel

Guest heieup

If you're booking a stopover then you usually book a flight Manch to Bris then put the stopover in, it is cheaper than separate legs. Not sure about the luggage allowance thing though.

Guest NinaW

oooh - just had to say the Transit Hotel at Singapore Airport is fantastic!

The swimming pool is stunning - we arrived at night and had a quick dip in the pool with the planes taking off right above our heads! There is a bar and cafe on the pool deck too - such a great way to relax mid flight!!!

You don't have to get your luggage either - as you are not leaving the airport, so I don't think you'll have to worry about extra luggage allowances...just remember to pack your swim suit in you carry on bag!

Well worth it - slept like a log after the relaxing swim and jacuzzi and was right on track for the remainder of the flight - hope to do it again on our way to Oz!

Guest harrison family

I must add on to NinaW post. We had a great stop at the new Singapore term 3 stayed for the night with 2 kids, we had interconnecting rooms, we had tea at the Hard rock cafe, caught up with all our emails on the free Internet access ports all around the terminal. Oh reckons he could of holidayed there for 2 weeks.

Definatley recomend it.

Archived