Evidence of funds in aud

laurahair

Hi

I am about to submit my 190 for NT and I went to my bank here in Ireland for the proof of $50000 funds. I asked my bank to print my statement and show it in Aud as the visa requests all funds to be shown in $, I was told this is not possible and the best I could do is do up the exchange rate myself and show my statement in euro.

What has everyone else done? I don't want my visa to be denied because the bank can't do a statement in dollars!!

TIA

Hi

I am about to submit my 190 for NT and I went to my bank here in Ireland for the proof of $50000 funds. I asked my bank to print my statement and show it in Aud as the visa requests all funds to be shown in $, I was told this is not possible and the best I could do is do up the exchange rate myself and show my statement in euro.

What has everyone else done? I don't want my visa to be denied because the bank can't do a statement in dollars!!

TIA

Well of course you can't get an Irish bank statement in AUD, why on earth would you think that you could. Nobody is going to expect an overseas bank to produce a statement in a currency other than the funds are held in! Just show it in €, they want to see that it is equivalent toa certain amount.

The *visa* requirements by the way do not include any need to show proof of savings, that is merely a state sponsorship requirement.

Well of course you can't get an Irish bank statement in AUD, why on earth would you think that you could. Nobody is going to expect an overseas bank to produce a statement in a currency other than the funds are held in! Just show it in €, they want to see that it is equivalent toa certain amount.

The *visa* requirements by the way do not include any need to show proof of savings, that is merely a state sponsorship requirement.

It states twice on the application to show proof of funds or assets

"provide evidence together with a summary of all financial assets in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS eg.certified bank statement".

For two people they require $50000 or proof of assets.

"provide evidence together with a summary of all financial assets in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS eg.certified bank statement".

I can assure you that you are asking the bank the impossible. And the sponsoring state knows very well that you want be able to do this. Show your statement in € Nd if you feel the need print out an official FX rate, although I am sure they can and will look it up themselves anyway.

Good luck getting accepted on a 190 for NT! They will offer you a 489 instead which means you have to work in the state, rather than have a moral obligation to do so.

I'm kinda expecting to be just offered the 489 but no harm in going for the 190!! At least it will be a stepping stone to where we want to be!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are misreading the sentence. It says [provide evidence] [together with a summary of all financial assets in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS] [eg certified bank statement] i.e. you are being asked to provide two different things only one of which needs to be in Australian Dollars.

To be fair it would have been clearer if they had put "eg certified bank statement" earlier in the sentence but since a certified bank statement could never be considered to be a summary of all financial assets that has to refer to the evidence not the summary.