457 visa query

i have secured a sponsorship in Sydney but they have stated that i can not apply for a 457 visa because i require 3964 hours experience to apply for it and Australia only recognises 1982 hours experience per year. I am newly qualified since January and don't have enough hours. is this true? Could i apply for an occupational training 402 visa instead as i am 32 and too old for a working holiday.

i am 32 and too old for a working holiday.

The Australian Government is planning to increase the age limit to 35 as from 1 January 2017. It is one of a number of changes to the WHV being debated at the moment. I would be fairly confident this change will go ahead.

I have utilised a working holiday previously in 2010 though, it was only for 2 months :S. will the slate be wiped clean and can I apply again or will I not be eligible when the new rulings are implemented?

I have utilised a working holiday previously in 2010 though, it was only for 2 months :S. will the slate be wiped clean and can I apply again or will I not be eligible when the new rulings are implemented?

No...the new changes don't include a second application for WHV.

they can offer me whatever visa that could get me into Australia so I can work for them as a nurse. initially a 457, but they said about needing 3964 hrs experience before I can lodge that one? is that true? doubt i'll be able to apply for the WHV then if that's the case. was also thinking about the 402 occupational training visa?

they can offer me whatever visa that could get me into Australia so I can work for them as a nurse. initially a 457, but they said about needing 3964 hrs experience before I can lodge that one? is that true? doubt i'll be able to apply for the WHV then if that's the case. was also thinking about the 402 occupational training visa?

Hours of experience are irrelevant when it comes to getting a WHV. Fact is,you have already had one,so you can't get another.

Is it AHPRA insisting on the hours for registration or DIBP insisting on them for the visa?

It doesn't sound like they're offering you sponsorship if they're not nominating for the visa. I don't know about the hours experience for a 457