Nice suburbs in Brisbane with easy access to CBD?

Guest ScottPower

Guest ScottPower

Hi

I have been offered & accepted a job in Brisbane working in the CBD.

Would like some opinions with regards to nice, quiet areas to live with easy access to CBD. Will be coming over in Sept 08. I have heard Taringa is a nice area?

Would like to commute on train to work (are the trains reliable and cheap?) so somewhere 10mins away from CBD would be ideal.

Any opinions/ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks

Scott

We went to Ashgrove recently for lunch with colleagues. it's lovely and they said it was 10 mins drive at weekend into town. takes twice as long during week, but it was a beautiful leafy suburb with some cracking houses.

Guest qumath

Hi, my husband and I moved to Brisbane about 5 weeks ago and we are currently flat/house hunting. At the moment we are staying with my husband's sister in Grange which is a probably one of the best suburbs in North Brisbane, about 10-15 mins to CBD.

to be honest, nearly all the areas are very well serviced in terms of railway, bus, locality to shops etc. Areas to look at with close proximity to Brisbane CBD are Clayfield, Wooloowin, Albion, Windsor, Newmarket..these are all north side and are just on the outskirts of city, so about 10-15 mins away. hamilton and ascot are also very nice but expensive but even closer to city and have great river views. south side of brisbane is much more of a mix culturally and definitely more of a buzz down there. the main uni's and colleges are down here and there are alot of students.

i've heard taringa is nice but have not been there myself. I know it is next to st. lucia which is where the uni of queensland is.

good luck

Guest qumath

oh, i forgot to add, that trains are VERY cheap, unlike the uk. a return fare from zone 2 (grange) to city is about $3 (with the rubbish exchange rate, that's still only about 1.50 pounds)

Archived