Where to buy PPE work boots hi vis etc.

ScottyScotland

Go to the airport DFO (Desinger Fashion Outlet) and a couple of places there. Most importantly keep your receipts as you can claim some of the money back against tax next year. Bunnings would also be a good option and possibly easier to start with.

Are you sure your employer will not supply ppe? Also get lace up steel toe cap boots, most sites especially mine sites will not allow trainer or slip on style. Also avoid the steel toe cap thongs:wink:.

S

I see flipflops (thongs) on building sites alot believe it or not. Get yourself a good hat dude! and a big tub of suncream from woolies for $10... Boots from Kmart will last you a month or two (shoe laces snap). go for some decent ones from Bunnings. They seem to have a different range in each one. Oxley and Rocklea Bunnings always seem to have a good range of sizes. Indooroopilly is small n crap, same goes for the one in the city (albion). Stafford bunnings never have my size (uk10), buy yourself a pair of gumboots too as their cheap af. Rarely see people with hard hats on.

I see flipflops (thongs) on building sites alot believe it or not. Get yourself a good hat dude! and a big tub of suncream from woolies for $10... Boots from Kmart will last you a month or two (shoe laces snap). go for some decent ones from Bunnings. They seem to have a different range in each one. Oxley and Rocklea Bunnings always seem to have a good range of sizes. Indooroopilly is small n crap, same goes for the one in the city (albion). Stafford bunnings never have my size (uk10), buy yourself a pair of gumboots too as their cheap af. Rarely see people with hard hats on.

thanks mate !! I land on Monday night so will be looking to get suited up sometime next week. Its handy having this information before i arrive and im wandering around wondering wheres the best to buy stuff !

Will also have to get my white card sorted within the first week

If you are working for a company, or as Safe Work Australia put it, a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking, they are obliged to provide you with PPE and cannot make you pay for it, nor deduct wages to cover it. If you're going to be a one-man-band fair enough, but you could save yourself a few dollars if you have a job to go to.

SWA form about it:

http://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/sites/SWA/model-whs-laws/FAQs/Documents/FAQ_PPE.pdf

Archived