Help Needed with Best way to relocate to Brisbane area

Deano Nicholson

Hello all,

I have been granted a Permanent subclass 189 visa earlier in the year and my original plan was to find a job before relocating. Since Visa was granted its become apparent that its going to be hard to get a job while still being located in the UK after info from various posts on here and 80ish Job application rejections. So... change of plan, I'm now looking to move out and find a job whilst I'm living in Australia.

Where is the best place to look for short term accommodation/flat or house shares in the Brisbane-ish area. I'm struggling to find anything shorter than 12 months contracts. I don't want to commit to longer term commitments until I have job secured so I can work out the best place to locate with regards to travel etc. although Brisbane is my preferred area I will be applying for jobs in a much wider area in the hope of getting a job as soon as possible

Any help or advice will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dean

Most people book a holiday let or a cabin in a caravan park for a fair few weeks until they find an area that suits. You could price up a cabin at somewhere like Brisbane Holiday Village or look at sites like Stayz or AirBnB for a room or apartment.. If you stay 4 weeks or more you should get a discount so make sure you ask when you enquire.

Hope this helps, it is hard to get a job unless your here so hopefully you find something suitable when you arrive

Cal x

Yes as you have found, it is nigh on impossible for the majority of people to find work before actually being in the country. If you do not want to commit to a rental agreement then you will need to consider holiday lets, hostels etc. which could end up being expensive if the job search drags on. You might just need to bite the bullet eventually, take the lease and then confine your job search to a commutable area.

Hi

Another option to look into housesitting/pet sitting unless you have allergies or don't like animals. A friend of mine did this when she moved to US and it worked out very well for her. I have found two sites you can check out. https://mindahome.com.au/house-sitting-positions-australia.html and https://www.aussiehousesitters.com.au My understanding of it, is that you look after the house and any pets the owner has and you get to live for free. My friend has done it a lot when moving around with a small budget.

Might be an option to consider. Best of luck.

Hi

Another option to look into housesitting/pet sitting unless you have allergies or don't like animals. A friend of mine did this when she moved to US and it worked out very well for her. .

My only concern would be, when you're emigrating you've got enough on your plate without having to worry about looking after somebody else's pets or plants. But worth considering.