Another newbie

zx6r

Hi All,

I've just joined and I'm stopping by to say hello.

I'm half of a happy couple (Not married, hence Happy!:tongue:) that are looking at moving over to Oz sometime in the not to distant future.

(12 months -ish Visa dependent)

I'll be looking for a network / Wintel sysadmin / I.T. role. If anyone knows of any possible suggestions of employment, it would be gratefully appreciated. It would seem that it is quite difficult finding anything while looking from over here in England.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. I am also an IT geek. It's rare to find a job in Australia whilst being out of the country. Your best of getting your visa, going to Australia then finding a job. I am going to apply for a 189 visa (once I get my English exam passed!) and that will be under the Computer Network and Systems Engineer occupation.

If you are looking for a migration agent I can recommend this company - http://www.ptlabs.com.au/. - The person running the firm only deals with IT professionals going to Australia.

Thanks

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. I am also an IT geek. It's rare to find a job in Australia whilst being out of the country. Your best of getting your visa, going to Australia then finding a job. I am going to apply for a 189 visa (once I get my English exam passed!) and that will be under the Computer Network and Systems Engineer occupation.

If you are looking for a migration agent I can recommend this company - http://www.ptlabs.com.au/. - The person running the firm only deals with IT professionals going to Australia.

Thanks

Good luck with your move and exam as well! Don't you get points normally for being English speaking? The Oz fair I went too told me that as I was born in the UK and can speak English as my first language that I would get 10 points straight away. I was looking originally at the 190 Visa but may go for the partner sponsorship 47sp. Thank you for the heads up on the agent. I will check them out.

Hello,

Thanks

Hey jetblast when are you planning on resitting English

Not sure yet. A friend has offered to tutor me, but she is away for the summer. Might wait until September, I rather wouldn't, but needs must.

Hi, I sat my IELTS about 2 years ago and would certainly recommend watching the IELTS Ryan videos on YouTube (of all places) and this definitely helped with one of the writing questions and using the http://www.ieltsbuddy.com website. These are the only 2 sources I used and feel that these were brilliant and free of course.

Best of luck.

Tom

Hello,

Thanks

Originally I was looking at the 190 visa but I will hopefully now be coming on a partner visa as my lady has citizenship already.

Good luck with the exam and the job hunt and many thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Originally I was looking at the 190 visa but I will hopefully now be coming on a partner visa as my lady has citizenship already.

If your partner is a citizen then go for the partner visa, no question. It gives you exactly the same rights as the skilled visa and if you meet the requirements, will be easier to get.

Not sure yet. A friend has offered to tutor me, but she is away for the summer. Might wait until September, I rather wouldn't, but needs must.

Just be persistent, I had to take a flight 2 times to take the English tests. It finally paid off. Took me 2 IELTS and 2 Pearsons to get the 20. We got our visa grant today. 23 days after lodging.

Just be persistent, I had to take a flight 2 times to take the English tests. It finally paid off. Took me 2 IELTS and 2 Pearsons to get the 20. We got our visa grant today. 23 days after lodging.

Congrats! At the moment it seems like a road block I can't get around. :)

Archived