Qld and Vic...Bad Weather Ahead

Bobj

My old boss used to yell out, "Batten down boys, batten down" whenever bad weather approached.

So, all of you in Vic and Qld, be prepared for some wild weather over the next few days...

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/charts/4day_col.shtml

Cheers, Bobj.

We are having the wild weather which started yesterday. Gale force winds and driving rain. Not that cold but temperature is forecast for a lot colder tomorrow. Doesn't keep me indoors all day though. Have to tend to 4 'adopted' horses and take a reluctant dog for walks. I was almost blown off my feet walking beside the sea. Very invigorating. :yes:

It's not to bad here yet although i believe it will start to change tomorrow, going very cold, then very wet ! I have stocked up the wood pile and collected sticks so we are all prepared here. I really dont like the wet weather when its cold,lol.

Cal x

Have a squiz...https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-205.70,-39.88,671/loc=158.595,-45.880

Cheers, Bobj.

Didn't need to squiz - although I love that website. It sounded like a thousand freight trains around my place last night. Even the cats were huddled in the hallway looking very scared. With the power off for 9 hours overnight and snow on the ground this morning, I felt very smug having my morning cuppa in front of my wood burner in my toasty warm house. Especially thinking of those radio talkback callers yesterday criticising wood burners and singing the praises of electric heat pumps. :laugh:

It's about 6 degrees here south east of Melbourne but with the wind-chill factor I reckon it would be close to zero. Nevermind - I've got the log fire roaring and it's lovely and toasty sitting here in my underwear. Good news that the 8 year old autistic boy lost in the snow at Falls Creek has been found alive.

What's this, bad weather in Australia? :err:

B

No - just interesting weather. :wink: We have 4 seasons here in Tassie - including dramatic winter storms. Personally I much prefer it to the alternative.

Archived