another e.u referendum question

bunbury61

194m.jpg

"More than £20 billion was wiped off the FTSE 100 this morning as investors took fright that Britain may be hurtling towards the EU exit door.

The FTSE 100 crashed below the 6000 mark for the first time since February and was down nearly 80 points at 5968 shortly before 11am. Markets also fell further in France, Germany and Asia after three new polls put the Leave campaign ahead.

The sharp drop in London means that the FTSE 100 has lost more than £80 billion in four days.

194m.jpg

How do you know this? Sure they are not going to be happy (the EU elites).. but I don't think they will want to sabotage their own economies to stick it to the UK. If they are that stupid, then they are definitely not someone we want to be working with. If the movement of people was non-negotiable as you say, then that would mean that the EU trades with absolutely nobody but Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and other EU members. We both know that that is not the case.

Besides, the EU will be more concerned by the flood of other countries who want to leave too. The continent is full of people who hate the EU.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've wanted out of the EU since day one. I hope that the people of Briton have the courage to free themselves from this oppressive regime they have aligned themselves with. As somebody said in one of these threads, most of the people on this forum have already passed the deadline to vote. Let's just see what happens on Thursday.. no matter the outcome, millions of people are going to be upset by the result..

Norway and Switzerland have access to the single market which is something the Leave campaign know that they need to retain or the UK is in very hot water.

Brexit will severely damage the EU without a doubt. So if it does lead to a break up and a consequential recession throughout Europe how on earth can that be a good thing for an independent UK?

The last two times that Europe was destabilised we had conflict on a global scale. A stable Europe working in harmony is good for the whole world which is why the likes of Obama and Turnbull are in favour of the UK remaining at the heart of Europe.

I appreciate that many leavers, like yourself, are very passionate about the issue and cannot entertain the thought that there are any positives in Britain's membership. If your argument prevails Britain will be wrecked for a generation but if Remain prevails there will be a substantial rump of disaffected and disconnected people who will probably never get over the loss and will view the EU as the symbol of everything that is wrong in the UK.

Perhaps we should not have had this referendum given that it is so divisive.

Edited by Gbye grey sky

Perhaps we should not have had this referendum given that it is so divisive.

General elections are divisive too. Should we do away with those as well? Then maybe we can eliminate the fantasy that the within the EU we still have a democracy.

I think the suggestion that the breakup of the EU is a pathway to war is absurd. Scaremongering of the highest order. We can all live and trade as friends without being controlled by a central command structure. The world is a very different place now.

EU exist very unlikely to happen, but if it does it will prove costly to UK. I expect the Scots will kick themselves for not voting a British exist when they had the chance.

Really a country ruled by that idiot Boris. Does anyone really want to chance that? Hopefully English nationalism does not sway the day as the nation will pay dearly. It will not be another Switzerland. By the way a country with rather higher immigration levels than Britain.

It will I expect lose a lot of goodwill and the price to pay will not be through individual EU countries but the EU as a whole. By the way elements of the German press is looking for Germany to capture large swathes of the financial system from London (take the lot as far as I'm concerned) and even if segments left London and UK would pay a price.

Still rising interest rates would likely lower housing prices and who knows make London (unlikely) affordable for Londoners again? I can well imagine just how even more nastier the UK would become with a Boris led government. Saying that the English voted last time around for more austerity and ever greater pain so perhaps suffering for the greater good of a few has become a national trait. They would be hardly unique in that.

Really a country ruled by that idiot Boris.

You surprise me Flag.. I didn't think you were a Cameron supporter.

I also wasn't aware that the ballot included selecting a new PM on it.

The good news is, if we're out. Cameron or Boris, they can be voted out. I'm not aware of any ballot were we can remove Juncker, Tusk or Schulz from their positions.

General elections are divisive too. Should we do away with those as well? Then maybe we can eliminate the fantasy that the within the EU we still have a democracy.

I think the suggestion that the breakup of the EU is a pathway to war is absurd. Scaremongering of the highest order. We can all live and trade as friends without being controlled by a central command structure. The world is a very different place now.

You can change governments every 4 or 5 years. This decision is a once in a lifetime one which will determine the course of history.

The break up of the EU is a pathway to instability.

If you are inferring that nations are less inclined to armed conflict than they were a century ago I would love to believe that. Unfortunately recent experience has shown that the UK can still go to war at the drop of a hat and the people are easily persuaded to support armed conflict.

The good news is, if we're out. Cameron or Boris, they can be voted out. I'm not aware of any ballot were we can remove Juncker, Tusk or Schulz from their positions.

The EU is governed by a Council of Ministers from all 28 members (appointed by the respective governments) with decisions negotiated and agreed between them and ratified by an elected EU parliament.

The UK's laws are heavily influenced by an unelected second House and managed by unelected Whitehall bureaucrats so there is no such thing as perfect democracy at national let-alone international level.

Cameron and Osborne would have to go immediately if vote Leave prevailed. They will not say so publicly ahead of the referendum but it will be absolutely inevitable. Boris will be the PM in waiting.

All the main parties support Remain so Labour and the Liberals could not mount a credible campaign to oust Boris. The political landscape would be as desolate as the economic one.

That's probably how the Scottish feel. Are they less represented within the UK?

Obviously not a Cameron supporter. Detest Johnson more though.(if that is possible) So sad what London became. Pulling out not in UK interests but see your banner is of that colour.

The EU is governed by a Council of Ministers from all 28 members (appointed by the respective governments) with decisions negotiated and agreed between them and ratified by an elected EU parliament.

The UK's laws are heavily influenced by an unelected second House and managed by unelected Whitehall bureaucrats so there is no such thing as perfect democracy at national let-alone international level.

Cameron and Osborne would have to go immediately if vote Leave prevailed. They will not say so publicly ahead of the referendum but it will be absolutely inevitable. Boris will be the PM in waiting.

All the main parties support Remain so Labour and the Liberals could not mount a credible campaign to oust Boris. The political landscape would be as desolate as the economic one.

All the main parties DO NOT support remain ,that's a sweeping generalisation .

Gisella Stewart one of the leading figures I the "leave" campaign ,is a labour m.p .

Regardless of the result ,Boris wont be p.m

All the main parties DO NOT support remain ,that's a sweeping generalisation .

Gisella Stewart one of the leading figures I the "leave" campaign ,is a labour m.p .

Regardless of the result ,Boris wont be p.m

All the main parties do support remain.

Highly likely Boris will be pm. But it's a certainty Cameron won't . Which isn't a bad thing.

Back in February Boris was supporting staying in the EU and was saying how difficult it would be if we were trying to leave...!! Then, when he works out that rather than falling in line behind Cameron and being side by side with Osborne, he realises his best chance of grabbing the limelight is to lead Team Brexit..!!

If he really believed in Brexit, then I could respect that.... but this is all about 'what can I get out of this' and I can;t help feel that if he screws things up for the people of Britain, then what a shame.....

Just my view - I respect other will have their own...

O

Back in February Boris was supporting staying in the EU and was saying how difficult it would be if we were trying to leave...!! Then, when he works out that rather than falling in line behind Cameron and being side by side with Osborne, he realises his best chance of grabbing the limelight is to lead Team Brexit..!!

If he really believed in Brexit, then I could respect that.... but this is all about 'what can I get out of this' and I can;t help feel that if he screws things up for the people of Britain, then what a shame.....

Just my view - I respect other will have their own...

Well, if things don't work out he can always become an mep.