ive asked before so sorry to be a pain

kaiapoilady

Look at the location of your work on a map, identify the public transport routes to that location, and work outwards along tram and train lines until you get somewhere that the housing specifications meet your budget and other requirements. Bear in mind that trains move more freely during peak hour than trams which usually share road space with cars.

500 will get you a three bed home in outer Melbourne. Medium for a four bed where I live 70 ks from the city is now $580.

So if you want to be near work it will be an apartment for you. Otherwise rent a house, rents probably 500 plus for a decent house inner city.

Rents outer area much cheaper 3 - 400 for a ordinary house no some may have heating and aircon others no.

I think 500k will take you beyond tram routes for a house. On the train, the line that goes through the stations in Collingwood is the south morang line. You'd need to look at Epping or south morang for a detached house. A bit closer in like reservoir for a townhouse (2 on the block).

By the way, this all depends on what part of Collingwood. The South Western corner of Collingwood is almost the edge of the CBD and you could come from anywhere to get there really. The train stations in Collingwood are to the east of the suburb.

Good luck with that. Melbourne house prices are still growing. I would think you would have to look at least 30kms from Collingwood to find a house for that price. Where I live in Frankston you can still get nice houses for under $500,000 and it's a good place to live with great beaches and infrastructure and good rail and road access to the city.

Sunbury would require at least one change of public transport on the journey to and from work. There is plenty of housing that fits under the $500,000 bracket if units are considered. Just looked at average prices for units in Darebin and Watsonia and they are comfortably under...