Seeking to interview someone who has moved back to the UK

Cass Dee

Hi there!

I'm looking to do a story on reasons why poms are moving back to the UK.

What I'm after is a person who has recently moved back to do an interview with me about why they decided moving back was the best choice for them.

Anyone willing to help me out with this?

Thanks! :)

Hi there!

I'm looking to do a story on reasons why poms are moving back to the UK.

What I'm after is a person who has recently moved back to do an interview with me about why they decided moving back was the best choice for them.

Anyone willing to help me out with this?

Thanks! :)

Hi cass:chatterbox::wink:

I am in the process of moving back to uk after 4 and a half years from Perth city back to uk and would be happy to talk to you .regards muddyneil.

People move back for all sorts of reasons, some are on temp visas, some miss family, some just dont like it, so by interviewing one person you will only be getting their opinion and some on here seem to be very bitter and twisted so you may not get a balanced picture!

People move back for all sorts of reasons, some are on temp visas, some miss family, some just dont like it, so by interviewing one person you will only be getting their opinion and some on here seem to be very bitter and twisted so you may not get a balanced picture!

I was looking at a tape i had a while ago. Of poms being interviewed by Peter Fitzsimmons .A Anti Pom and Republican Aussie. You want to see it. if you want to get a distorted view of the UK. Fitzsimmons is interviewing this couple that live in Qld.And Moving Back To the Uk.And he wants to Know Why. First He Shows Two of Qld Most Beautiful Beaches.Then Compares them,with Two deserted Beaches in the UK.In winter, with Snow on the Pepples.Then asks the Couple Why would u want to Leave Qld for that? Then He Shows a Beautiful tree lined street in one of the best streets in Brisbane,Beautiful detached Houses,manicured lawn etc.Then he shows a Terraced Street in the Uk with Scrap Cars,Kids Jumping Around in them and graffiti everywhere.A bit of land at the end of the street like a bomb site.Then Asks the Couple and you want to move back to the uk to that.These Comparisons go on for Half and hour,of all the best about Qld and all the worst about the UK. And this is what most Aussie's think the UK is Like?Even our Long time Aussie friends Said To Me,You have no lovely open spaces,Or Beaches In England Have You? It's all Terraced Houses and Concrete.She didn't even believe The TV Show from the UK. Move to the Country,was real.Australia is so overrated.and the Uk so underrated I come From A Beautiful part.1 hour from The Lake District.There's nothing to compare,in Queensland.Even My Local Pub,There's no pubs in Australia to compare.or to the Character of the people.The Want to be Aussies have a different view.Just been reading a blog on hear by a couple of silly poms,that have just got their Aussie citizenship.They say they Feel So Different Now,And So Australian ??I've been hear 40 years,and i was told when i arrived,there's always a line drawn in the sand between Aussies and Poms.And it's so true.

I was looking at a tape i had a while ago. Of poms being interviewed by Peter Fitzsimmons .A Anti Pom and Republican Aussie. You want to see it. if you want to get a distorted view of the UK. Fitzsimmons is interviewing this couple that live in Qld.And Moving Back To the Uk.And he wants to Know Why. First He Shows Two of Qld Most Beautiful Beaches.Then Compares them,with Two deserted Beaches in the UK.In winter, with Snow on the Pepples.Then asks the Couple Why would u want to Leave Qld for that? Then He Shows a Beautiful tree lined street in one of the best streets in Brisbane,Beautiful detached Houses,manicured lawn etc.Then he shows a Terraced Street in the Uk with Scrap Cars,Kids Jumping Around in them and graffiti everywhere.A bit of land at the end of the street like a bomb site.Then Asks the Couple and you want to move back to the uk to that.These Comparisons go on for Half and hour,of all the best about Qld and all the worst about the UK. And this is what most Aussie's think the UK is Like?Even our Long time Aussie friends Said To Me,You have no lovely open spaces,Or Beaches In England Have You? It's all Terraced Houses and Concrete.She didn't even believe The TV Show from the UK. Move to the Country,was real.Australia is so overrated.and the Uk so underrated I come From A Beautiful part.1 hour from The Lake District.There's nothing to compare,in Queensland.Even My Local Pub,There's no pubs in Australia to compare.or to the Character of the people.The Want to be Aussies have a different view.Just been reading a blog on hear by a couple of silly poms,that have just got their Aussie citizenship.They say they Feel So Different Now,And So Australian ??I've been hear 40 years,and i was told when i arrived,there's always a line drawn in the sand between Aussies and Poms.And it's so true.

The line in the sand is very true, but its often blurred by a simple Australian/British

There are similar folk on both sides, and its often confusing for both sides when either side is infiltrated by people with completely different views but quoting similar instances.

Desire for better is not a whine about current status

Some will whine about current status with no real desire for change

Some see hot white beaches, some see sun burn and cancer

Some see ice and snow and shiver, some run for the snow boards

Some claim to be great at Rugby, others "swing low sweet chariot..."

I returned 2½ years ago. I remember this vividly. It was the most distorted biased piece of cr.p I have seen on a so called documentary. Almost childish in the way it was done.

(My comment is about the doco -not the good/bad of either country).

Make your choice for your own reasons as I did. This nonsense was just propagandist tripe.

I returned 2½ years ago. I remember this vividly. It was the most distorted biased piece of cr.p I have seen on a so called documentary. Almost childish in the way it was done.

(My comment is about the doco -not the good/bad of either country).

Make your choice for your own reasons as I did. This nonsense was just propagandist tripe.

Anyone who has read Zack's posts would know that at any given time in Zack's meandering/rambling, he could well have produced that programme to suit his own purpose/preference at that time................UK is crap.............Oz is crap and ad finitum

Anyone who has read Zack's posts would know that at any given time in Zack's meandering/rambling, he could well have produced that programme to suit his own purpose/preference at that time................UK is crap.............Oz is crap and ad finitum

Zack for the naughty corner.

I made the point that I was commenting on the doco. It was disingenuous BS.

Edit:.....play the ball not the man..........

Edited by Peccavi