Jack Russells to Oz 22.05.2016

readytogo2016

Hi all,

Who would you recommend as the best dog transport company from the UK to Australia? I know there is Pet Air but am not really sure of any others.

Our dogs are our life and so I really want everything to go smoothly and as stress free for the animals as possible.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

:wub:

Cm

Hi all,

Who would you recommend as the best dog transport company from the UK to Australia? I know there is Pet Air but am not really sure of any others.

Our dogs are our life and so I really want everything to go smoothly and as stress free for the animals as possible.

Whereabouts in the UK are you leaving from?

Hi all,

I'm using Golden arrow to transfer our Jack Russell and Chihuahua this august. I got quotes from 4 companies, but found Golden arrow to have the most personal approach and they seemed the most trustworthy.

A Big bonus they were also the cheapest.

we used PetAir, they're very experienced, we moved our dogs over 4 years ago, the process can be quite complicated and although we had what could have been a real problem, Pet Air just sorted it all out. They were also very good and giving clear instructions as to what needs to be done before your dogs fly and when they first get here. I don't know Gold Arrow, I certainly hadn't heard of them 4 years ago.

Our problem was that despite PetAir giving our vet clear instructions of completing the necessary forms, our vet missed one digit of a required number on the paperwork. This was for one of the two dogs and was noted by them about 30 minutes before the dogs were due to fly. Instead of risking Australian Immigration sending them back or at least one of them, they had the dogs unloaded (both) and took them back to their kennel, where they sorted out the paperwork and arrange for the dogs to fly the following day. They even contacted the quarantine kennels in Sydney. All sorted while we were blissfully unaware flying to Australia.

I couldn't fault them in any way

Caroline

We are sending our two Bichon Frise in June with Golden Arrow, they were the only company I spoke to who actually "asked" about my girls. Every other company just wanted their weight, dimensions etc.

They have been been so helpful, great with communication, still always talk about the girls and the process, they have made me so relaxed about the whole process. And price wise they were slightly more than one other shipper but cheaper than two others.

So far, I have been really impressed with them.

How much did they cost and was it just the one animal Pat?

Steve2, we are in Somerset in the UK.

Thanks both :wink:

Cost wise it was around £2140 but that included our boy ,yes it was one dog , being picked up from north east England and a few days extra stay at thier kennels - I think 3 or 4 days are included in with the quote though but we did extra

Like Cal we had a huge last minute drama with a lost blood test and GA pulled out all the stops and got it sorted

I got the import permit for Aus myself as I wanted it on my Aussie card , that was I think $485 ,then quarantine around $ 1700 plus flying Ralphy from Melbourne to Adelaide $264

• 2 weeks later...
Cost wise it was around £2140 but that included our boy ,yes it was one dog , being picked up from north east England and a few days extra stay at thier kennels - I think 3 or 4 days are included in with the quote though but we did extra

Like Cal we had a huge last minute drama with a lost blood test and GA pulled out all the stops and got it sorted

I got the import permit for Aus myself as I wanted it on my Aussie card , that was I think $485 ,then quarantine around $ 1700 plus flying Ralphy from Melbourne to Adelaide $264

Hey was the £2140 including the vet checks/blood tests/paper work? I am trying to make a savings plan to move over and I have 1 small Jack russel x to ship over!

Hey was the £2140 including the vet checks/blood tests/paper work? I am trying to make a savings plan to move over and I have 1 small Jack russel x to ship over!

It will depend on size - not weight. Which basically means the size crate he fits in. We used Dogtainers for our Chihuahua and he fitted in the smallest crate.

That cost about $3k / £1500 for everything except the rabies jab which actually was fairly cheap. They don't need a blood test anymore as long as you wait the 22 days after the jab. They are seen by the vet on the day of flying and given a worm tablet. That didn't include any pick up fees from the house as we dropped him at the vets on the day of flying.

The important thing is to get the agent involved at a fairly early stage as that will help you plan your flights as well. For example, ours had to fly Emirates, but Dubai insist they are kept at their reception centre for several hours, which meant there was no point in getting on the same flight as it would have meant hanging around for a long time - you also have 3-4 hours wait at Heathrow.

It was me who said 2140 ,very stormy gave their price Oz to UK

ird no

i paid for the import permit was 480 aud or there abouts and I paid all the vets fees myself

golden arrow did the final vets checks etc luckily as myvet stuffed up

the total with them also included extra days for Ralphy in their kennels plus a pick up from Sunderland which was a fair hike

then quarantine was around 1490 plus 264 to fly him to Adelaide- these figures are Aussie dollars though

Edited by Patphillips47