Partner Visa costs

can1983

Hi,

Does anyone know when / if and how partner visa costs are reviewed? I'm assuming they are going up from 1st July 2016 but can't see any statement to this effect.

It would be a real rush for me to submit before 1st July but I would if they are going to drop another $4000 hike on us again .....

I am assuming you're in UK. I spoke to the London office who advised me that if I wanted to pay £3390 as the fee for my 309/100 visa application, that I should be paying this no later than last week of June, as if they process any applications from 1st July onwards, it is likely to be at an increased fee, but they couldn't tell me what that was!

Hi,

Does anyone know when / if and how partner visa costs are reviewed? I'm assuming they are going up from 1st July 2016 but can't see any statement to this effect.

It would be a real rush for me to submit before 1st July but I would if they are going to drop another $4000 hike on us again .....

Can you not pay the fee but then submit the evidence after? Not months after or anything but at least to pay the fee and upload a few things before the price hike. Surely if you've been de factor for the required time you'll have the supporting evidence they require. Or if married then the same? Its not like you need thousands of pieces of paper to upload. So long as what you have is solid and you are able to show you are a genuine couple then I don't get why you can't lodge at least and then upload the evidence a few weeks later if you don't have it all ready now.

Hi,

They haven't tended to give notice of price increases in the past.

Why is it a rush to apply before 1st July? It surely will just take half an hour or so to lodge an application?

They haven't tended to give notice of price increases in the past.

Why is it a rush to apply before 1st July? It surely will just take half an hour or so to lodge an application?

Some people think they have to upload all the information at the time of lodging. You don't. To the OP- Just pay the current fee. You'll have months to finalise all the uploading!

thanks, it was getting all the certified copies I was struggling to get done in time. The other thing is the change in circumstances, we are expecting our first child in the middle of July so id be lodging the papers without any dependants and then having to change it all afterwards ....

If it was going to double in cost then id work through it but if its only going up by 5% of something id wait for simplicity - hence asking. I've seen releases when it went up from $2000 to $6800 in July 2015 but I cant see anything for July 2016

• 2 months later...

so the application is in... now there's the wait ....

I opted to put my son as "non-migrating dependant" since he can't be denied citizenship by descent. However since he is only 3 weeks old he is technically a pom only at this stage. I hope this was right - I'm certainly not going to pay another $6800 for him :chatterbox:

Has anyone any experience of how he's likely to be considered? We waited for him to be born because it increases my chances of getting pr from the off but it does complicate the application

I opted to put my son as "non-migrating dependant" since he can't be denied citizenship by descent. However since he is only 3 weeks old he is technically a pom only at this stage. I hope this was right - I'm certainly not going to pay another $6800 for him :chatterbox:

Has anyone any experience of how he's likely to be considered? We waited for him to be born because it increases my chances of getting pr from the off but it does complicate the application

It wouldn't be $6,800. A dependent under 18 is $1720.

However if he is a citizen you will need to show that so you need to sort out his citizenship and passport asap.

You will need to apply for his Aus citizenship by descent ASAP and then his Aus passport straight after this arrives (which iirc will require the Aus parent making a trip to London and the Aus high commission, you make an appointment for his passport application). Your CO is going to want to see proof he holds Aus citizenship and passport. You'll also need to submit the full birth certificate naming both parents (or colour scan if online application) and any other info they may require.

You will need to apply for his Aus citizenship by descent ASAP and then his Aus passport straight after this arrives (which iirc will require the Aus parent making a trip to London and the Aus high commission, you make an appointment for his passport application). Your CO is going to want to see proof he holds Aus citizenship and passport. You'll also need to submit the full birth certificate naming both parents (or colour scan if online application) and any other info they may require.

Thanks, birth certificate is already uploaded. next job is his citizenship. Who does this? can the uk parent do it or must it be the aus one?

Edited by Pingpoma

Thanks, birth certificate is already uploaded. next job is his citizenship. Who does this? can the uk parent do it or must it be the aus one?

His Aus citienship and Aus passport are the Aus parents department. Read the Aus High Commission website for info about it. Get on it ASAP as it will take a good few weeks if not more to organise and have both Aus citizenship by descent cert and Aus passport in your hands. A CO is going to want it at some point in the not too distant future.

There is no UK citizenship certificate.