Secret Hideaway Sunshine coast

GoldcoastMAD

Hello,

I'm planning on taking a trip to the sunshine coast in August for a few days on a reccie from the Gold coast, I'm going to look around buderim,Yaroomba,Alexandra Headland and Noosa as potential places to live...if a job was to come up .

Any recommendations for a really nice B&B or hotel to stop at ( 2 adults & 2 children). Its a bit of a treat ,So i don't mind splashing out for a really really nice place.

Also if you had a 2 day visit planned to the sunshine coast what would you do, where would you visit and where would you eat?:daydreaming:

Twin Waters is popular with families. You could look on AirBnB and maybe find somewhere hinterland-ish if you'd prefer that to the coast but there are stacks of hotels on the Sunshine Coast too so if you prefer those have a look at booking.com or lastminute.com etc.

Here's another site that has more 'up market' places to stay -http://www.beautifulaccommodation.com/sunshine-coast-luxury-accommodation.

We personally had a few days in Noosa and stayed on a houseboat. They provide you with a little Tinny to travel into shore etc and we loved it - http://www.luxuryafloatnoosa.com.au/

Cal x

We stayed at "On The Beach" on Hastings St Noosa for a special birthday. Highly recommend it from when we stayed.

Otherwise plenty of nice places in the Hinterland, Montville etc.

Sorry just seen you have children, not sure if the Noosa place would suit.

our son stayed in Mooloolaba with his 2 children in a ground floor 2 bed flat, walk through to the beach, heated pool, The Beachcomber on the spit. 70 Parkyn Parade. They loved it, short walk into Mooloolaba proper, or to the Spit.

Underwater World minutes away, obviously recommend Australia Zoo.

Hope that helps

Edited by ramot

Twin Waters is popular with families. You could look on AirBnB and maybe find somewhere hinterland-ish if you'd prefer that to the coast but there are stacks of hotels on the Sunshine Coast too so if you prefer those have a look at booking.com or lastminute.com etc.

Here's another site that has more 'up market' places to stay -http://www.beautifulaccommodation.com/sunshine-coast-luxury-accommodation.

We personally had a few days in Noosa and stayed on a houseboat. They provide you with a little Tinny to travel into shore etc and we loved it - http://www.luxuryafloatnoosa.com.au/

Cal x

oooo thanks Cal...I like the houseboat

We stayed at "On The Beach" on Hastings St Noosa for a special birthday. Highly recommend it from when we stayed.

Otherwise plenty of nice places in the Hinterland, Montville etc.

Sorry just seen you have children, not sure if the Noosa place would suit.

our son stayed in Mooloolaba with his 2 children in a ground floor 2 bed flat, walk through to the beach, heated pool, The Beachcomber on the spit. 70 Parkyn Parade. They loved it, short walk into Mooloolaba proper, or to the Spit.

Underwater World minutes away, obviously recommend Australia Zoo.

Hope that helps

Thanks Ramot

Hi

I work in Noosa and live a few minutes from Mooloolaba - Noosa is a great place for the family, hastings street is fantastic, and also gympie terrace area in noosaville .....with any accommodation, you are now going into low season, so try to book direct with the place your going to stay and try to be polite and ask for a deal, pushing a deal too much might get you the rock bottom room, so be fair, and being aware low season, and there is plenty to choose from, will help with any booking.

agree for kids, to see auzzie zoo....but if your not staying in noosa, do drive up the sea road ( david low way) and see all the beaches as you drive up....i do it every day and still after 4 years its a like being on holiday the drive is fantastic

who every said Noosa on the beach - thank you - I will mention it to the manager

Hi

I work in Noosa and live a few minutes from Mooloolaba - Noosa is a great place for the family, hastings street is fantastic, and also gympie terrace area in noosaville .....with any accommodation, you are now going into low season, so try to book direct with the place your going to stay and try to be polite and ask for a deal, pushing a deal too much might get you the rock bottom room, so be fair, and being aware low season, and there is plenty to choose from, will help with any booking.

agree for kids, to see auzzie zoo....but if your not staying in noosa, do drive up the sea road ( david low way) and see all the beaches as you drive up....i do it every day and still after 4 years its a like being on holiday the drive is fantastic

who every said Noosa on the beach - thank you - I will mention it to the manager

Thanks Jamesparry...I'll definitely drive up the Sea road!

In Noosaville two years and quite happy............take a walk up the National Park on the right from Main Beach Noosa and watch the Surfers, head out to Boiing Pot look out and further if you like. Drive down the end of Hastings St and through the National Park to the Spit at the River mouth beautiful views......... never tire of it

Little Cove is lovely also for a swim. Was going to stay here but did not have the chance seems to have great reviews and handy to the River in Noosaville and close to everything - - Montpellier Boutique Resort.........looks good fro kids.....Gastons near the roundabout in Noosa is nice plenty of choice really. Like Moneypennys also at the end of Hastings st. Coolum is worth a stop also to have a look around...............Buderim is also nice...............Maleny lovely, a bit more inland but worth a visit

[h=1][/h]

In Noosaville two years and quite happy............take a walk up the National Park on the right from Main Beach Noosa and watch the Surfers, head out to Boiing Pot look out and further if you like. Drive down the end of Hastings St and through the National Park to the Spit at the River mouth beautiful views......... never tire of it

Little Cove is lovely also for a swim. Was going to stay here but did not have the chance seems to have great reviews and handy to the River in Noosaville and close to everything - - Montpellier Boutique Resort.........looks good fro kids.....Gastons near the roundabout in Noosa is nice plenty of choice really. Like Moneypennys also at the end of Hastings st. Coolum is worth a stop also to have a look around...............Buderim is also nice...............Maleny lovely, a bit more inland but worth a visit

thanks skippy1, lots their to digest....i suddenly feel the need to make a list :twitcy: