Real estate jobs... How hard is it to get one?

Kel121178

It's gonna be at least another few years of training to qualify as a hygienist, but by that time the job may not be on the skills list,

True but then real estate agent requires employer sponsorship and there is slightly above zero chance that anybody is going to sponsor a real estate agent and particularly one that has not even been doing the job for last ten years.

Really? I thought it was easier based on the amount of people we have migrating to uk,

No it is much harder for anyone outside Europe to get a visa to UK. The UK skilled migrant program (or whatever they call it) is harder and much harder for spouses to get visas as well. Australia has one of the most accessible visa programs in the world.

Yes your right of course, up to date experience is very essential I know, just hope there would be a way round it, well a better way I mean... Hey maybe they will bring back the £10 Pom deal! (Only joking) it's annoying as I've got experience in a few things but the profession I'd love to further is not enough without experience

True but then real estate agent requires employer sponsorship and there is slightly above zero chance that anybody is going to sponsor a real estate agent and particularly one that has not even been doing the job for last ten years.

No it is much harder for anyone outside Europe to get a visa to UK. The UK skilled migrant program (or whatever they call it) is harder and much harder for spouses to get visas as well. Australia has one of the most accessible visa programs in the world.

Yep, I could easily sponsor people from India in Australia, and many that I sponsored now have PR, here it is much more difficult and even if i have been able to get temp visas it has not been possible to keep people even when the project hadn't compelted and they were desperately needed.

It's really disheartening as I want to go and work not go and sponge off the state... Just wish there was another way to do it or wish the skills list would be accurately updated! Seems it's far easier for people to migrate to uk than it is to the other side of the world...

Don't worry about sponging off the State, you wouldn't be entitled to anything for 2 years.

Really? I thought it was easier based on the amount of people we have migrating to uk,

I think the UK looks worse because there are no controls to prevent EU citizens coming in. You also accept a few more refugees than Australia, I think. But otherwise I think both countries are equally strict about people from other countries.

Edited by Marisawright

Lol I've never had any intention on sponging now nor in 2 years, and I thought it was 10 years? I thought uk should adopt the same idea :). I have enough money for at least a year or 2 to rent and be out of work but I'd rather work and keep my savings to settle there and put down roots if I can

Lol I've never had any intention on sponging now nor in 2 years, and I thought it was 10 years? I thought uk should adopt the same idea :). I have enough money for at least a year or 2 to rent and be out of work but I'd rather work and keep my savings to settle there and put down roots if I can
That's good, hope you can find a way in, it's not easy.

I'm a bit confused about this statement. If you are going to get a visa as a real estate agent then you'll need a job before you go - there is no other way to get that visa. So you won't be sponging off the state then. If you are going to retrain as a hygienist and come on a full visa then you don't need a job before you go, but you'll have a full visa so you'll be able to work at any job you like - and therefore you'll be unlikely to be sponging off the state then either.

If you're young enough to come on a WHV you can stay for one or two years, but you get no benefits and you have to go home at the end of it. So no sponging there either.

Other than that, your only way to get into Australia is on a tourist visa, and you can't stay more than six months. So where does this sponging idea come from?

No I want to work in real estate, I don't want to retrain and the sponging I was talking about some that easily enter the uk, think I'm too old for the working holiday one as I'm nearly 38,

Yes you are too old for it I'm afraid. A pity, as it sounds like your chances of migrating to Australia are close to zero. That's the reality for some people I'm afraid. I migrated to Australia with my husband (now ex-). If I'd wanted to do it on my own, it would have been completely impossible as I wasn't in an eligible occupation.

Guess I may have to persuade my partner to marry me (which I don't want to as I always vowed I'd never get married again.... And he knows this!)he's going back in 3 weeks and I said if I gonna do it I'll do it by myself... Guess I'm gonna struggle... He's back at Christmas so I may have another idea by then, and I'm out in July for a month. Damn it's gonna be hard I think

And I wanted to do it off my own merits not off his back

It doesn't matter whose back it is off. Every couple that uses the skilled migrant program does so on the strength of one of them. That is how partnerships work.

It doesn't matter whose back it is off. Every couple that uses the skilled migrant program does so on the strength of one of them. That is how partnerships work.

Exactly. And you don't have to be married. Australia recognises de facto relationships. If you've lived together long enough you won't have a problem

No I mean he's got residency so he can sponsor me but if we happen to part company in the next few years because it does happen, then I will have to leave and if I make it my home it would be devastating

No you won't. Once you've got your visa it's yours to keep.

Edited by Marisawright

Guess I may have to persuade my partner to marry me (which I don't want to as I always vowed I'd never get married again.... And he knows this!)he's going back in 3 weeks and I said if I gonna do it I'll do it by myself... Guess I'm gonna struggle... He's back at Christmas so I may have another idea by then, and I'm out in July for a month. Damn it's gonna be hard I think

EH!!! Get on with it, life is hard enough without making it any harder, take the chance while you have it.

Really? So when he goes back he can sponsor me (he did say he would and wanted to) but I feel vulnerable with him doing it as though I love him dearly I assumed if anything happened to us I'd have to return? So once the visa is about to end can I re apply for myself even if we are or are not together and if so what's the chances of me getting one? Sorry I'm looking at all angles

Really? So when he goes back he can sponsor me (he did say he would and wanted to) but I feel vulnerable with him doing it as though I love him dearly I assumed if anything happened to us I'd have to return? So once the visa is about to end can I re apply for myself even if we are or are not together and if so what's the chances of me getting one? Sorry I'm looking at all angles

It will be your visa, you won't be tagged on to his you'll have your own.

He sponsors you, but when you get the visa it's a permanent visa, it's in your name and you keep it even if you break up. I'm a good example - I went to Australia with my husbnd and we subsequently split up. That has made no difference to my right to live in Oz.

He sponsors you, but when you get the visa it's a permanent visa, it's in your name and you keep it even if you break up.

Surely it's totally dependent on how long the OP and her partner have been together.

Less than three years together means a temp visa for two years first, doesn't it?