A pleasant surprise grocery shopping

VERYSTORMY

We did a shop this week on Ocado - normally wouldn't have on the basis they are too expensive as they sell a lot of Waitrose products. But, as we have to go out of town for the weekly shop or go to the only supermarket in Windsor which is Waitrose, thought we would give them a try. We also had a £20 voucher. We didn't get as much as we normally would have, but we did get a few treats and some luxury things - I got the dog some top of the range food lol. But, it came out about the same as Aldi! Totalled about £60.

We also did a visit to the Windsor Park Farm shop - this is owned by the Royal Family and have to say incredible. Far too expensive for every day, but for odd treats we will certainly be going back.

I have never heard of it but looks good on the website. Aldi starts opening shops in WA next month, dreading it, there was road diversions and huge queues when Krispy Creme opened, the Mitchell will be gridlock and will all be waiting to get into Aldi's because everyone needs to go the day it opens of course!

I have never heard of it but looks good on the website. Aldi starts opening shops in WA next month, dreading it, there was road diversions and huge queues when Krispy Creme opened, the Mitchell will be gridlock and will all be waiting to get into Aldi's because everyone needs to go the day it opens of course!

Yes, they opened a Lidl in the town near us last year, chaos on the first day.

I miss Ocado :cry:. Used to use them all the time when we lived in the UK. Used them the last two times we were there on holiday to get my groceries delivered. Excellent website and great options for delivery times. And I don't know why people think they are expensive other than the Waitrose link. They sell a wide range of price point products so you can spend as much or as little as you like. And they price match with Tescos - I got quite a large voucher from them once because my shopping that week would have been a fair bit cheaper at Tescos.

We did a shop this week on Ocado - normally wouldn't have on the basis they are too expensive as they sell a lot of Waitrose products. But, as we have to go out of town for the weekly shop or go to the only supermarket in Windsor which is Waitrose, thought we would give them a try. We also had a £20 voucher. We didn't get as much as we normally would have, but we did get a few treats and some luxury things - I got the dog some top of the range food lol. But, it came out about the same as Aldi! Totalled about £60.

We also did a visit to the Windsor Park Farm shop - this is owned by the Royal Family and have to say incredible. Far too expensive for every day, but for odd treats we will certainly be going back.

We use them all the time. If you are careful and go for the specials, it works out cheaper than most and top quality. We do have a large pantry which helps as we can stock up on long life goods.

if you go to the farm shop about 3pm on a Sunday they sell stuff off cheaply. Handy for acake for afternoon tea. I saw the Duke of Edinburgh there

Archived