I potentially have a 489, but...

Richard01

I have a 489 and job offer, but now the Mrs is getting nervous because its limits us to NT and a Regional area

My wife is concerned what happens if things dont work out in NT because she wants some security

We've signed a doc to say we are committed to NT, but whats the process if that all falls down, for example, the Mrs turns around after a few/weeks months and says she hates it there?

Could we try somewhere else regionally or is the process WAY too slow?

Thanks in advance

I have a 489 and job offer, but now the Mrs is getting nervous because its limits us to NT and a Regional area

My wife is concerned what happens if things dont work out in NT because she wants some security

We've signed a doc to say we are committed to NT, but whats the process if that all falls down, for example, the Mrs turns around after a few/weeks months and says she hates it there?

Could we try somewhere else regionally or is the process WAY too slow?

Thanks in advance

It might not work out wherever you go, migration is a big gamble and one in three will return. But yes there are certainly some added challenges with NT. Your visa restricts you to living and working in the regional areas as specified on the immigration websites, it does not confine you to NT.