Sponsership from family already in Australia

russab2000

Hi all

Just a quick question, i cant find an answer anywhere and would like to put this to bed

I have a sister already in Aussi as perm resident - Is there any way she can sponser me or add any points to my application if i were to go down the perm route?

Thanks

Hi, there's no way she can sponsor you unless you are her last remaining relative in UK no other immediate family alive and this is such a long process we had to do it for our son as our only way for him to stay with us. As far as I know she can get you an extra 10 points on your visa if you have a job that is required on the SOL list, they may have changed but last we looked it was still available.

Debbs

Hi all

Just a quick question, i cant find an answer anywhere and would like to put this to bed

I have a sister already in Aussi as perm resident - Is there any way she can sponser me or add any points to my application if i were to go down the perm route?

Thanks

What is your sister's residential postcode?

All of WA is a designated area for the 489 visa. But as said above, this is a temporary 4-year visa and it's at least 2 years before you can apply for a 887 permanent visa, and they only issue 5 invitations each round so I assume there's a good-sized queue waiting.

All of WA is a designated area for the 489 visa. But as said above, this is a temporary 4-year visa and it's at least 2 years before you can apply for a 887 permanent visa, and they only issue 5 invitations each round so I assume there's a good-sized queue waiting.

Thanks maggiemay. It would be treat if could confirm whether the visa also works on a points system. Eg additional points for sponsorship?

I am wondering whether it will be worth setting up a new eoi for this visa considering the 189 is capped for me

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Archived