Tourist Visa

FTA

My wife can enter Australia on a tourist visa/ETA quite easily.

If I move back to Australia, can she accompany me on a tourist visa/s indefinately?

There are drawbacks of course: needs to do a 'visa' run every 3 months, cannot work in Australia... I am sure there are more.

There may be advantages also, but it needs to be an option first to even consider.

Not a good idea as every time comes in from a tourist visa run will be asked purpose of 'visit' , planned itineray etc. Bit difficult to convince immigration that you are revisting the same place you just left multiple times and worst case could get turned back and issued an exclusion order for a few years.

No, really not an option. She might get readmitted once or twice, but once a pattern starts emerging of 4 times a year etc. questions will be asked and immigration will easily work out she is not a genuine tourist. I suspect at best she'll just be returned back to her country of origin, at worst she'll be also given a 3 year exclusion...

Why not do a partner visa?

Didn't you say on a post somewhere that you are Australian? Why is there such a problem for your wife? Just reading the posts you've made over the past two years.

Been down that road already and wasted a heap of cash. 5 year RRV no longer an option, so would need to start from scratch again and try and remember what the colour of my wife's toothbrush is again.

Tourist visa seems easier and a lot cheaper.

I am not in a position to move back anytime time soon, so it is more of a retirement plan, and can really ONLY work as a retirement plan anyway to be fair. She likes work too much to move back to Australia and sit at home all day anyway, and we would of course take the PR road again if we decided to move back proper.

However, for retirement we would be fairly transient, stay at home for a while, maybe join the grey army for a while, back to UK for a while, or go to our dream retirement destination for a while (not sure where that is yet), so she won't really be living in Oz for longer than 6 months at a time. She can remain as a 'resident' of the UK. I on the other hand will declare myself as a resident of Australia, which makes sense given that I am Australian.

Archived