just back from visiting family in perth, and could really do with some advice

Davig02

So me and my partner, have both decided we would really like to move to WA how ever myself being a retail manager and partner the same we are not able to get state sponsership, and finding an employer to sponser based on our profession is proving impossible, we are looking for an option to get PR in the long run not really fussed what work ect we need to do we were planning to go out on a 1 year working holiday visa and work the 3 months regional to gain a second year and try to find a sponsor while we are there but wanted to check if anyone has anything other ideas that maybe a little more certain, Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks

So me and my partner, have both decided we would really like to move to WA how ever myself being a retail manager and partner the same we are not able to get state sponsership, and finding an employer to sponser based on our profession is proving impossible, we are looking for an option to get PR in the long run not really fussed what work ect we need to do we were planning to go out on a 1 year working holiday visa and work the 3 months regional to gain a second year and try to find a sponsor while we are there but wanted to check if anyone has anything other ideas that maybe a little more certain, Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks

You cannot be sponsored unless your occupation is on the SOL or CSOL. An employer is not allowed to sponser you unless you are on the skills list which is why you can't find a sponser.

Hmmmm. Thanks for the info, seems to be options for sales manager to get RSMS or 457 visa sponsorship on both indeed and seek which made me think that it was an option?

Have a word with one of the Agents on here to see if a retail manager is classed as a sales manager, they will be able to advise you on that, try @Alan Collett of Go Matilda or any of the Agents that post on here.

Sales Manager and Retail Manager are two very different occupations.

Sales Manager is a high level occupation (Skill Level 1/Degree) which is assessed by the Australian Institute of Managers and is on the CSOL;

Retail Manager is a more general occupation (Skill Level 2/Diploma) and is only on the RSMSOL and as such only suitable for Regional Migration under the Subclass 187.

So me and my partner, have both decided we would really like to move to WA...we were planning to go out on a 1 year working holiday visa and work the 3 months regional to gain a second year and try to find a sponsor while we are there but wanted to check if anyone has anything other ideas that maybe a little more certain, Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks

I would suggest doing the WHV first anyway, since you're eligible for that visa. To get any other kind of visa, you may need to retrain or do extra study, and that will take time - so why not grab the window you've got to spend a couple of years in Australia. You're young enough that you can pick up on your careers again when you get back.

Retail Manager is a more general occupation (Skill Level 2/Diploma) and is only on the RSMSOL and as such only suitable for Regional Migration under the Subclass 187.

Since they want to move to WA, it would be suitable for them then, all the WA is considered Regional Area.

Archived